Thread: Helix High level advice (AUDI A8)

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix High level advice (AUDI A8)

looking some advice installed a helix dsp.3 into a audi A8 passive system, used the front high level outputs into the dsp and sub out from high level when i crank it up the sub is getting lower, any ideas am use to RCA from aftermarket not factory systems any advice would be great.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Helix High level advice (AUDI A8)

The last Audi A8 I knew of had a most network and we got a full range digital signal from a most network into a helix v8dsp, can you not extract the bass end from the front end midbass drivers output? They may be full range bud you can check with the helix input rta section

sorry I misread your post hence my edit
    Last edited by dumdum; 04-19-2021 at 04:04 PM.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Re: Helix High level advice (AUDI A8)

Sounds like it may be a loudness feature in the OEM HU that will boost bass at lower volume and level it out as volume goes up. If you can turn loudness off in HU, do so and see if you get a level bass output no matter the volume.

Otherwise, you'll need to look into a 3rd party solution that may have an option to connect to your OEM system and give you an untouched full signal.

Or if not, an aftermarket HU that can use a 3rd party device to support your OEM features through the AM HU.

Another option is to not use the OEM HU for music and use another device connected to Helix by USB / Optical / BT and play directly to Helix.
    Last edited by jrwalte; 04-19-2021 at 11:44 AM.