Thread: Focal or Blam conundrum

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Focal or Blam conundrum

I am planning out another system install but for the wife's car. I am planning on doing a 3-Way (factory locations) in her car BUT this is where my conundrum is coming up. I am currently running a set of Focal KX2's with the 3" from the KX3 set in my vehicle which means i can either a) buy her a new set of whatever OR b) i could transfer my 3 ways into her car and get myself something new. Sadly, i really like the focals and have no NEED to change them, but i now have a reason to give the Blam S165 M3 try....

Does anyone have any experience with the Blams? Any experience tuning them when running active? Any opinions based on experience between the two options?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Focal or Blam conundrum

Doug Dobson has them in his car and it sounded fantastic. Maybe if he ever showed up to one of these Phoenix get together's you could hear them! Maybe you can PM him to get a private listening session!

That is another one of those companies that had (I want to say Focal) a Guy (pun intended) working on their top gear that decided to leave and start his own company.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them...I do hate the name though....it sounds so cheap to me.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Nick Apicella @SkizeR has experience with them I think and I think he likes them too.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Doug Dobson has them in his car and it sounded fantastic. Maybe if he ever showed up to one of these Phoenix get together's you could hear them! Maybe you can PM him to get a private listening session!

That is another one of those companies that had (I want to say Focal) a Guy (pun intended) working on their top gear that decided to leave and start his own company.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them...I do hate the name though....it sounds so cheap to me.
    It is indeed a focal engineer who felt his hands were tied too much at focal so left to make his own kit

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Yeah, Bonneville Laboratories And More doesn't abbreviate in the best manner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d1igz40-0a685c56-6dc3-4911-af93-f5a433d10fce.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	15587

Maybe they never aired the original Batman tv series over in France...

What is the retail price on the S165 M3 set?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    What is the retail price on the S165 M3 set?
    I havent found out yet, plan on running down to a local shop that carries their product to find out

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Ok

Just curious, because over here they're priced about the same as comparable Utopia M speakers. But then again, Focal is much lower priced here than in the US. ($2980 for the S165 M3 set, and $3100 for Utopia TBM, 3,5WM and 6WM combo)