View Poll Results: Would you remove the spare tire to use the space fo other stuff?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, toss the spare

4 30.77%
  • No, keep the spare

9 69.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ditch the spare?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Ditch the spare?

Quote Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
    Dunno if you have a full size spare but why not get creative and build your rack and use the spare as a subwoofer grill?
    Even if you go IB, you could mount the spare just above the magnet of your sub.

Kelvin
    lol have you seen what Al drives and what his subwoofer is? I doubt any of that would be even remotely possible with his current gear. However, making a spare tire mount out of the back of the box might be an option, or mount it to the roof
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

My whole thing with spare tires is this... Over the past seven years, I needed a spare car much more than I needed a spare tire. From totaling my 2007 6MT accord to owning a 2006 Mehstang GT that was always breaking down, my 1997 Civic coupe was more useful than a spare tire! In fact, the last time I used a spare tire to drive a decent distance was in 2003 coming back from the St. Patrick's day parades in New Orleans. Now I have used the second car to get tires with nails, screws, and keys repaired, but I despise driving on a spare tire!
    2019 WRX Limited - Stock HK for now while waiting on parts to be developed...

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Keep the spare. Given you are concerned about the severity of the past tire failures, long trips, and remote locations, you will gain in peace of mind what you will loose in install complexity.