Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best car for audio

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Best car for audio

Lincoln Mark VIII - just check out the doors and that flat dash. Plus enough trunk space for about any subwoofer and amplifier install you could ever want.

Last edited by chithead; 04-14-2021 at 08:07 PM.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    Definitely NOT the Camaro
    Not any Camaro, although the horn shaped hatch of the 3rd gen provides some crazy cabin gain.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

My CX5 has some crazy cabin gain but the stock midbass location creates a null at 400 Hz and the stock midrange/tweeter location in the dash is a challenge to tune. Probably the hardest car I’ve had to tune so far.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    My CX5 has some crazy cabin gain but the stock midbass location creates a null at 400 Hz and the stock midrange/tweeter location in the dash is a challenge to tune. Probably the hardest car I’ve had to tune so far.
    The car decides the drivers in this case, find a mid you can fit in the stock location and cross at 300 or below, that way the null at 400 isn’t an issue anymore...

in my car the dash mid has a null at 130ish, the midbass at 200, I cross at 160 and get an excellent crossover alignment