Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help With Tune Please

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Re: Help With Tune Please

See if this helps you at all. Keep in mind, I am not a pro, still learning. But I think this gives a good background of how I use Jazzi's curves to tune.
    https://youtu.be/TXgT_WmJfYU

2. Back To Top    #22

Thank you guys for all the suggestions and advice. I think this is what you guys were looking for. All measurements are with crossovers disabled and it's pre eq. Only thing done is TA. Afterwards I set the crossovers and took measurements again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJW...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Student Sound; 04-06-2021 at 09:33 PM.

3. Back To Top    #23

How do you get REW to display speaker driver option? I only see full range, base limited, sub, and none.
    Last edited by Student Sound; 04-06-2021 at 09:30 PM.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Student Sound View Post
    How do you get REW to display speaker driver option? I only see full range, base limited, sub, and none.

Shoot I forgot to take measurements with crossovers enabled. Back to the car.
    I believe that feature (speaker driver & setting crossovers to make your driver-specific house curve in the EQ screen) is available in the beta version

5. Back To Top    #25
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cathul View Post
    If you set Jazzi overall curve in preferences as the house curve this exact curve is used to calculate the ideal response and slopes in the EQ window when you select speaker driver and set the acoustical crossovers for this ideal curve.

Attachment 15528

Try it yourself and be amazed.
    Very neat trick Cathul! Jazzi approved : )
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    See if this helps you at all. Keep in mind, I am not a pro, still learning. But I think this gives a good background of how I use Jazzi's curves to tune.
    https://youtu.be/TXgT_WmJfYU
    Very nice video Julian, thank you for sharing! This is the first one I've seen that features the spreadsheet directly, how cool.

Does anyone know how to contact the user who made that video "Gold Riv3r Car Audio" ?

If so, please send me a private message.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Very nice video Julian, thank you for sharing! This is the first one I've seen that features the spreadsheet directly, how cool.

Does anyone know how to contact the user who made that video "Gold Riv3r Car Audio" ?

If so, please send me a private message.
    Thats me in the video. It took me so many hours to learn the basics. Your spreadsheet helped a lot. I'm still a newb, but I thought it might help some new people get started. Thanks for the feedback!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Student Sound View Post
    Use the most recent version. It's release candidate 7 of version 5.20.
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Your sub level is way too high imho.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-07 um 08.00.28.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	15534

This gives you an acoustical crossover of 125Hz. Did you do the sub measurement with both inputs active? If yes, repeat the sub measurement with the same volume on the source but with only one output on the DSP enabled. Mute the 2nd sub output on your DSP.
    Don't worry, as the sub is still mono it will be perfect summing when you activate the 2nd input later when you're finished. If you set the volume between drivers with just one midbass and both sub inputs active and adjust to the target curve your sub will be way to low in volume once you play all drivers left and right after tuning. Therefor please only measure each side with only one of the sub inputs active. I have to do that, too with my Mosconi amps, so don't worry.

Which actual target curve are you using? These ware without EQ, right?
    I would recommend highpass 75Hz LR24db electrical for both midbass drivers. Lowpass of 300Hz (that's what I like and the Audiofrogs should be perfectly able to do that).
    Why cross the midbass at 75Hz? Well, the drivers midbass has a severe (and often seen) dip between 50 and 80Hz. We will fill this with the subwoofer and a bit of gain in that area in the midbass highpass region.
    Bundled with the electrical crossover the gain is not that of concern as total gain is still at 0 db.

For sub we need that information above and a new measurement with only one active output.

One additional question, which DSP are you using?
    Last edited by Cathul; 04-07-2021 at 01:32 AM.
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)

10. Back To Top    #30

I was planning on turning the sub down after eq. I've never had a sub before so I've been noobing it. lol

Yes, I measured the sub with both inputs active. I'll measure using 1 input and upload this afternoon.

I chose the JBL Andy curve as my house curve. That is correct, no eq. The first set of measurements are raw with no crossovers. The second set of measurements are raw with crossovers set.

I'm using a helix dsp (V12).

How did you come up with the acoustical crossover of 125Hz. Is that an estimate determined by looking at where the sub (purple line) crosses over both the midbass lines (green & blue line)? Or is there a specific formula that you use to get that number?

Julian - I'm gonna watch your video this afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to make that video. It's a huge help for me.

Justin - Thank you for taking the time to make that spreadsheet.