Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tiny footprint SQ amp for front stage imaging

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: Tiny footprint SQ amp for front stage imaging

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    So I pulled the trigger - not on RF T-series amps but DLS CC amps.
    CC-1000 and two CCi 44 amps.
    They don't have quite the "wait - THOSE are your amps?" factor, but they are still pretty compact.

They are DLS, and class AB (except for the sub amp) so sure, you can call me un-brave or wise for my SQ install (I'm personally still flipping between those emotions myself) but I'm confident they are a good choice.
    Great choice. I've been running several of the CCi44 amps and have been extremely happy with them. Good, clean, low-noise power!

Do keep them well ventilated, tho'. I would consider adding a few of the really quiet computer case fans in a push/pull configuration.

In one of my systems, one CCi44 is powering the front stage mids & tweeters, while the other one is bridged to the front midbass drivers.

In that system I'm also running one of the Biketronics BT2700 amps to power Four 4-ohm subwoofers, each pair wired in parallel to each channel.

I've been extremely happy with both the DLS and the Biketronics.

In other installs I'm using several of the other Biketronics multi-channel amps and am more than pleased!

They are obviously incredibly compact and powerful for their size, crystal clear, with an extremely low noise floor.

I wouldn't hesitate to put them up against ANY of the higher-end Class AB amps I've used.

And 90% of all of my installs are "stealth" and purely utilitarian, where I'm not "showing off" any of the gear, so the cosmetics really don't matter to me.

Not that I think they are ugly, but being so small and somewhat "bland", they just don't look "impressive" or WOW you with their looks.

But IMO&E, they are some of the best-performing amps you can get. Not cheap, but considering their size/power/performance/efficiency, I don't think you can currently do any better.

If you could go with the Ncore module Vivid Amp line, I would say that you're pretty much at the End Game level.

Unfortunately, for both the Ncore & UcD based amps, the power options are a bit limited.

I'd like to have some options for a bit less power while keeping all of their other attributes...ideally a staggered-power 6-channel...though it's really not a problem to lower the output level from your DSP to control the input gain on the current BT6180.

The main issue with the somewhat boutique Biketronics amps is their lack of off-the-shelf availability at any given time, but especially during the summer cruiser bike season.

While Mike and his team at Biketronics are AWESOME, it can literally take months to get what you want.

But if you can hold out and the amps meet the power & channel requirements of your system setup, they are definitely worth the wait.

2. Back To Top    #42

Re: Tiny footprint SQ amp for front stage imaging

Well, fortunately since my tire well amp rack will allow me an upper and lower level, I can park my cap and distribution block down below (that will make accessing fuses easier also, rather than unscrewing plexi, above), and my amps and DSP and RCA runs above. You can see the planned cutouts for the fans. They will actually be pulling air from (and exhausting air to) below-grade locations, so that will also help stifle any potential noise.
    So I think this will JUST BARELY work out:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amp rack layout.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	15861
    ...since I will only have the left side of the well to play with:
    Last edited by geolemon; 06-07-2021 at 07:56 AM.