This may be long winded so sorry in advance for that...

So after 30 years of waiting I finally picked up a couple of amps I’ve always dreamed of owning. It wasn’t necessarily THESE models in particular but it’s always been this series. The price/condition was too hard to pass up & now I’m hooked and want to buy more. Here’s what I got...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92A0BA7C-7662-4D9E-8235-439DAD558F5B.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	15465

And because everyone loves guts shots...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34896927-B68A-4D1B-8916-C26BAA511D55.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	15466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F71E9CDB-B53B-4462-9997-8FF940BB16EA.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	281.8 KB 
ID:	15467

So it’s obviously a Europa (35x4 rated) and a Gemini (50x4 rated). So now for the questions part of this program...

Does anyone have any personal experience with these? Being old-school class A/B I’m assuming these will run warm. How warm do they actually get? Will I need fan cooling? I’m thinking (and hoping), because of my application, fans won’t be necessary. The original plan is a “period correct” install in my 96 Vette which only comes out to play when the weather is nice & if I’m being honest, really almost NO long trips... usually about 30mins to & from work. I also say original plan because, as I said before, I’m hooked and want more.

So the original plan was the Gemini running 50x4 to a set of tweeters in the a-pillars and a pair of Infinity 6.5” coaxes in the OEM kick locations and the Europa bridged 140x2 to a pair of 6.5” subs. Now I’m thinking of using the Europa for the Infinity’s & subs & buying a Cupid for the tweets.

IF I go that route I’d like to find an Olympus and use that & the Gemini in my daily driver SQ system. Now... this brings up a new bunch of questions. My current setup is 2 Soundstream 4ch class D amps running rated 110x4 to mids/tweets and the other running 110x2 to midbasses & 450-ish to an IB 15”.

This isn’t another class A/B vs D discussion BUT... being that the Olympus is made somewhat of unobtanium and that these are typically underrated would it be THAT big of a stretch to use 2 Gemini amps? So it’d be rated 50w to each front stage speaker and a rated 200 to the sub. I know that’s giving up a BUNCH of power to the sub but it IS infinite baffle and I have the level turned down about 4-6dB compared to the front stage. Opinions?

I can’t seem to find any first hand reviews on these amps but as far as Hifonics in general I hear things like “powerful”, “brute force” and things like that while still keeping their SQ composure. Everyone seems to agree that these amps definitely fight above their power class.

So... am I crazy? Should I leave well enough alone? I really DO love the way my daily car sounds with the Soundstream amps & I never have to worry about heat, but... DAMN, do I LOVE the look of these amps. Their marketing scheme totally worked on me too... Power From The Gods!!

Please help me before I lose too much sleep... and money... trying to decide.