Thread: And now for something completely different... Walk A Mile In Her Shoes!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

And now for something completely different... Walk A Mile In Her Shoes!

So some of you know what I'm talking about, some don't.

Walk a Mile In Her Shoes is an event we do (licensed through a national organization) to raise awareness for women who have been victims of rape and sexual assault. Men don red high heeled shoes and walk the streets of town for a mile (ok, well... a symbolic mile!) to bring attention to the problem and show support for women. Women also walk, but don't have to wear the red high heels.

I've done it several times, and here in Bartlesville, we do it to raise money for SAFE-NOW, our local nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides nurses and medical providers to do medical and forensic exams to victims, as well as community outreach and education.

The organization webpage is www.oksafenow.org

THE WALK IS APRIL 17TH!!!!

There is a link there to register or donate to the Walk. Or you can click here to go right to the general event signup page.

In addition, my office has our own team we are putting together. There are awards at the event for largest team, largest individual fundraiser and largest team fundraiser. I'd be happy to accept any donations you guys want to add to our TEAM or my PERSONAL fundraiser. Here are the appropriate links for those, if you would like to donate or if you want to REGISTER and come JOIN us for the walk! Even if you don't want to wear high heels, guys, we won't turn you away, I promise! Just don't tell my wife I said that! lol One of the guys from a gun forum I am on just signed up from OKC (2 hours away) - he is 6'1" and 280 lbs and wears a size 14 shoe - and we have some for him!

My PERSONAL fundraiser page for the event.

My office's TEAM fundraiser and signup page for the event.

Donations are secure AND are tax deductible as SAFE-NOW is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, registered with the IRS and the Oklahoma Secretary of State and Attorney General's office.

Here are some of our videos from previous events. If you've got a few minutes, you should watch them, they're pretty funny, I think!

2018 promo video:

2019 followup promo video:

And here is a video of the actual event from 2018 - I can't find 2019's for some reason:

As you can see, we have some good turnout and great fun, although last year we were *CANCELLED* due to COVID, naturally. So everyone is looking forward to getting out and having some FUN for the first time in a year in a public event and raising awareness for victims of sexual assault and raise money for an organization and a worthy cause!

Thanks for anything you guys can do, we really appreciate it, and we'd love to see it if some of you come out and join us! Heck, I could set up a CAJ TEAM if we want to get a few of us together out in public! We have men's high heel sizes up to 14!

Anyways, thanks for looking at this, and if you feel inclined, share our videos on social media, if you know anyone in Oklahoma, southern Kansas, etc., or ANYWHERE who you think would like to know about this stuff, send it to them!

Oh, and SAFE-NOW is on FB, too - https://www.facebook.com/oksafenow/ - although FB is screwing around with things and we can't accept donations through them yet. Paypal, yes, FB, no.

Seriously, though, thanks just for looking, guys. Even if you don't want to give or participate or share - just think about local organizations that help those in need and that are suffering, especially victims of rape, sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. There are victims in EVERY community.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Re: And now for something completely different... Walk A Mile In Her Shoes!

York Pa does a walk a thon every year that is called that. Its a fund raiser hosted by the YWCA and it raises funds for womens and childrens shelters.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Re: And now for something completely different... Walk A Mile In Her Shoes!

Not too much interest here. That's ok, I get it.