Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with subwoofer choices

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Need help with subwoofer choices

Due to OCD, I now have 3 matching amps, but the problem is that none of my subs will work with this configuration. So, I’m looking for (2) 10” subs, either S4 or D2. I have boxes that are .6 cu ft, and available power is 2x600 rms. So far, I have these on my list:

SEAS L26ROY
    Dayton Ultimax
    CSS
    Morel

Any others I should be looking at that will fit in my parameters? Also, I listen pretty loud, so whatever I choose will not be babied, and will have to keep up with Focal KRX midbass 2 ohm with 300 watts, Focal KRX 3” mids, Scanspeak 3004/6020 tweets, and Focal KRX coax rears, all with 200 watts available to them. Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Bobby K.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: Need help with subwoofer choices

Css sdx has my vote.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

How about an Audiomobile EVO?

Edit: They may not make a single 4 ohm....
    Last edited by blockrocker; 03-18-2021 at 03:14 AM.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    Due to OCD, I now have 3 matching amps, but the problem is that none of my subs will work with this configuration. So, I’m looking for (2) 10” subs, either S4 or D2. I have boxes that are .6 cu ft, and available power is 2x600 rms. So far, I have these on my list:

SEAS L26ROY
    Dayton Ultimax
    CSS
    Morel

Any others I should be looking at that will fit in my parameters? Also, I listen pretty loud, so whatever I choose will not be babied, and will have to keep up with Focal KRX midbass 2 ohm with 300 watts, Focal KRX 3” mids, Scanspeak 3004/6020 tweets, and Focal KRX coax rears, all with 200 watts available to them. Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Bobby K.
    CSS SDX12's, I've got 2 that I love. Although you may want more power in the future.

5. Back To Top    #5

Adire may be on the radar also, and the Dayton HF... although power handling isn’t the best with Dayton... don’t ask... I will rebuild both my RSS390HF in time to be new beasts! 😊

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 crew cab Duramax

The Frog GB10’s fit your parameters perfectly, and with their high sensitivity they should be able to keep up with the rest of the system.

7. Back To Top    #7

They do make an S4 version. I am selling a pair of D4's. OP, why can't your amp work with a pair of D4's?

The Helix SPXL1000 puts out 750 watts at 4ohm, which would be the perfect amp for a pair of D4 subs.
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    They do make an S4 version. I am selling a pair of D4's. OP, why can't your amp work with a pair of D4's?

The Helix SPXL1000 puts out 750 watts at 4ohm, which would be the perfect amp for a pair of D4 subs.
    I am running the Helix in my Camaro, and it kicks ass on my (2) GB12’s, but this system will be in my truck. I have (3) Mapletech REF 4.200’s. 2 of them will be running the 3-way front plus rear doors, leaving 1 amp that does 2 x 600 bridged at 4 ohm. I have 2 pairs of D4’s subs (Eclipse 10’s and Sundown SD-3 8’s), which doesn’t help me.

As much as it bothers my OCD running 2 different amps in my Camaro (for which I now have 3 Mosconi AS amps to install, I know I’d freak the hell out having 2 vehicles with mismatched amps.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    Hey, this didn't show anything for me, can you try it again
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall