Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SQ Monoblock

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: SQ Monoblock

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/ampli...ifiers/x-a90m/

• 600W RMS x 1 [4Ω@14.4V]

Would you recommend this one? Couldn't find that many smaller ones that fit the wattage.
    Alpine typically do a touch more power than specked, so yes that will be a decent match and good value

2. Back To Top    #12

Will give it a shot, so i can connect that to the 2 RCA outs on my p six and i'm good to go? Is there anyway to bypass the dials and settings from the alpine or i just set the gains on the alpine then not worry about the stuff on there.

Cheers

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Will give it a shot, so i can connect that to the 2 RCA outs on my p six and i'm good to go? Is there anyway to bypass the dials and settings from the alpine or i just set the gains on the alpine then not worry about the stuff on there.

Cheers
    From the manual, there are 4 dials:
    Subsonic
    LP Filter
    Bass EQ
    And gain

Dumdum, would you set subsonic to min, LP filter up, say around say 120 hz, bass EQ off?
    I set the gains as normal then I adjust the sub volume in the dsp to match the front stage.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    From the manual, there are 4 dials:
    Subsonic
    LP Filter
    Bass EQ
    And gain

Dumdum, would you set subsonic to min, LP filter up, say around say 120 hz, bass EQ off?
    I set the gains as normal then I adjust the sub volume in the dsp to match the front stage.
    Low pass I’d set as high as it can go, you don’t want it to effect the area of crossover you are actually using ���� Subsonic to min, bass eq off, and yes gain as usual, you are on the right lines

5. Back To Top    #15

Appreciate all the help guys, this amp should be a big step up from my p six which at the moment is only sending 120rms at 4 ohms right? Just don't want to spend a heap on the install of it then it not be a noticeable upgrade.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

Is the P-One a good option here? Matches nicely with the P-SIX and has good power

7. Back To Top    #17

Unfortunately its as bit out of my budget and form factor.

https://www.zapco.com/st-1650xm-ii

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/ampli...ifiers/x-a90m/

Would the zapco be much better than the alpine? I can stretch to the zapco pricing but if it's not that much better would prefer alpine just due to the form factor and being able to have it under the drivers seat.

Cheers

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

If you like Rockford Fosgate, they make this very small but powerful sub amp.
    Rockford Fosgate T750X1bd | Compact Monoblock Amplifier (sonicelectronix.com)

Sonic also sells their NVX house brand. These measured very well on Big Ds tests.
    NVX VAD27001 | 2700W Monoblock Marine/Powersports Amplifier (sonicelectronix.com)
    NVX VAD10001 | 1000W Class-D Monoblock Marine Amplifier (sonicelectronix.com)

9. Back To Top    #19

You want to have more than 600watts rms at 4ohm. Plan on 750-1000 and are you going to buy new or used?
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

10. Back To Top    #20

The Rockford fosgate only does 500 at 4 ohms unfortunately. I can't buy from sonic as i'm from Australia, buying new but there's not that much variety in this form factor/price range.