Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SQ Monoblock

1. Back To Top    #1

SQ Monoblock

Hi guys, i got a brax 10.1 sub that i've been running off my helix p six for a while but wanting to get a bit more kick out of it. Barely getting much volume on it even with the gains up.

Wondering what a good option monoblock amp for around $500-600 USD is? Looking at the helix m one which does 480w at 4ohms when in bridged but my sub says it can draw 600w. Would this be a bottleneck?

Cheers

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: SQ Monoblock

The Helix SPXL 1000 is a beast of a mono.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    The Helix SPXL 1000 is a beast of a mono.
    And I happen to have one that I would sell for $600 shipped!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

4. Back To Top    #4

Forgot to mention one that would fit under a driver seat of a volkswagen golf mk7 would be ideal since i need the boot space.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Mmats is well liked. Never owned one myself, but their 2k watt is compact, clean power. Bit over budget. At 2 ohm it dynos 1450 so should be good power at 4 ohm.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Or get another brax sub used and run both at 2 ohm. Almost double the power output of your current amp and gain another 3dB running 2 subs together. And nothing beats more displacement.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Hi guys, i got a brax 10.1 sub that i've been running off my helix p six for a while but wanting to get a bit more kick out of it. Barely getting much volume on it even with the gains up.

Wondering what a good option monoblock amp for around $500-600 USD is? Looking at the helix m one which does 480w at 4ohms when in bridged but my sub says it can draw 600w. Would this be a bottleneck?

Cheers
    A sub doesn’t draw anything... the amp decides how much power a speaker gets... the helix m one is a mono so it isn’t bridged, it only has one channel... it also does 240 watts rms into 4 ohms not 480, that’s the maximum power ‘ignore me’ rating The m one X does more power than the m one, the m one does 600rms into one ohm

the brax sub is likely not so efficient also so it makes good low bass in a small enclosure, I’d get an amp that does 600wrms at 4ohm if that’s it’s rated power of its coil... but watch out for max power ratings...

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    A sub doesn’t draw anything... the amp decides how much power a speaker gets... the helix m one is a mono so it isn’t bridged, it only has one channel... it also does 240 watts rms into 4 ohms not 480, that’s the maximum power ‘ignore me’ rating The m one X does more power than the m one, the m one does 600rms into one ohm

the brax sub is likely not so efficient also so it makes good low bass in a small enclosure, I’d get an amp that does 600wrms at 4ohm if that’s it’s rated power of its coil... but watch out for max power ratings...
    Thanks for the reply yeah got confused from their site. Could you recommend a 600rms at 4 ohm amp? Do i need to get something with an sq brand or is simply getting that power going to be enough.

Cheers

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Thanks for the reply yeah got confused from their site. Could you recommend a 600rms at 4 ohm amp? Do i need to get something with an sq brand or is simply getting that power going to be enough.

Cheers
    If you look at a compact class d monoblock that will fit where you need with a rating of 1200-1500 rms at 1ohm that will do the job... or even better something like a jbl springs to mind that does 1kw at 2ohms normally does 600ish at 4ohms as they tend to be designed to do power at higher impedences without the extra heat sink for the 1 ohm power

10. Back To Top    #10

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/ampli...ifiers/x-a90m/

• 600W RMS x 1 [4Ω@14.4V]

Would you recommend this one? Couldn't find that many smaller ones that fit the wattage.