Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: F150 2018

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Re: F150 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CDMax16 View Post
    Well right after I posted that I was out in the garage measuring some things, and I figured out how hard it was going to be to mount all of my equipment under and behind my seat. So I switched things up and I am going to go with 2 little Mmats hifi6150d’s.
    Nice, Mmats have a great reputation. I will be working on my amp rack today. Got some hardware from home depot and zip ties.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

I got a bit done. My heatgun is on my boat. So going to do more this weekend. I have some clear heatshrink I can put labels under. Id like to get some cool colored techflex for the power wires. Got some colored heatshrink as well. Just need to bundle wires, label and zip tie.
    I threw a gb10 in lol, I said "a" and "threw". Literally lol. I just laid it up in the dash and damn it sounds good. The thing that amazes me is the big improvement from just one damn tweeter. Crappy tweeter still on the passenger side. I am def gonna throw the passenger side one in tomorrow. I have a long drive.

Also I stuck a stinger voltmeter on my sub box. Kind of out of place, but I wanted to be able to see it without it blinding or distracting me. Once the box is finished, techflexed wires and adhesive zip ties it will look better.

There is a busbar in the photo, I use that for low power stuff. Fans, LED, voltmeter, dsp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210331_194528.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	15469
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210331_201508.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	15468  

3. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

And thank you jdunk, I used the t-nuts and they worked well.

One other thing I want to do is custom rcas this way I can make the length perfect.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

More progress. I decided not to do labels. Wanted a clean look.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

I made a rack for the dsp and lower amps from expanded pvc sheet. Cut it with a jigsaw and routed the edge. That stuff is nasty. Itch city. Wore a respirator.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

My A-pillars are done, but there are issues.
    I had asked the shop to mount the gb25 in the sails. It was a tight fit, but based on me not being a fabricator and just using a tape measure, it looked like it would fit. Then I get a call, all 3 of our installer of the year winners could not make it fit. They spoke to Andy as well. No one had tried it before in the f150 so now we know.

They offered me the same price for new A-pillars. Around $350. Then asked for photos of mine.

So now they are done and they sent me photos.
    First issue is these are black, mine are grey. Not a big deal, it will match, but why ask for photos of my grey pillars and make black ones?

Second issue is they used the original tweeter position to mount the mids. I had ordered 3 things from them. Adaptor rings for the tweeters in stock location, the gb25 and gb25 sails.

Me not being a fabricator, maybe there isnt room for stock tweet location in A-pillar and the gb25?

If I use what they made, I need a place to mount the tweeters. And it's the wrong color.

If I mount the tweet in the sails, I need to spend another $350 with them and wait 3 weeks. Then I need to run wires through the door hinge, which is a PITA.

Or I could just get one of those mounts that sticks out and is adjustable. https://www.pods-tweeters-midrange.com/

I really need some advice on what I should do. Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I would talk to them and tell them the three issues. There are really only two options, they make the right ones and make a place for the gb10's to fit in them as well or they give you a discount on the wrong ones and you take those. Tweeters in sails would work well and I think that is what most people have been doing on the f150 IIRC. Or going full custom like Nick (@skizer) does on his f150 panels.
    Whatever you do, don't go pods. Not if you have some custom panels for speakers. Either go full pods and no custom, or full custom and no pods.

Link to the thread on f150 forums: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2019-f...pgrade-488495/

Those pillars he made for a f150 raptor have the gb25's and the gb10's in there. Maybe he could make you a set for your truck.

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

8. Back To Top    #38
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

I was out of town when the A pillars came. I should have paid more attention to the photos they sent. But they did ship before waiting for me to reply to the email with the photos. These are the wrong pillars. Threw some part numbers in and explorer I think.

The handle is different, different shape and longer size.

I sent them an email.

Their response will dictate whether or not my friendly demeanor takes a 180.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

Lol I should send the email chain. I left the handles out of the photos. They said, oh we must have forgot the handles we will send those right out then it will fit. 😂
    Totally different fing pillar.
    Dont buy anything from mobile toys.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Vehicle
    2018 F150

So to clarify. Mobile toys uses non f150 A pillars, which have a dif handle and are 3/16" longer. Why? I dont know. I think they are for the Explorer. They are Ford. I finally got it to fit. The driver's side, which I tried first, was a bitch. The weird fit., diff handles and dif dimensions threw me off. But they said these are right. After 30 mins of wiggling it finally dropped in. Passenger side was easier. Still, the fit is weird. But they will work.

My poor M100 is losing a channel. Im going to get a 4 channel to replace the 2 channel M100. In the future, I can run center speakers.

Any 4 channel amp suggestions in the $300 range are appreciated!