Thread: Kyle Witherspoon - Maybe A Toyota? - 2001 AS&S

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Kyle Witherspoon - Maybe A Toyota? - 2001 AS&S

Frio, Dan "The Record-Breaker" Auto Sound & Security November 2001: 48-49.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Re: Kyle Witherspoon - Maybe A Toyota? - 2001 AS&S

I’m actually in this issue of AS&S in the SPL teams section. Unfortunately it’s just a small picture and just me... no car. I was part of Team WeeBee that made it to Finals in 2001. I managed to pull out a 7th place, out of 8 in my class, so at least I wasn’t last.

EDIT: It was the IASCA finals & I managed to do 142dB with 1 JL 12w3 in the trunk of my 01 Impreza without fold-down rear seats running off the sub channel of a Kicker Impulse 5ch... about 450w if I remember correctly. That was when they ran classes according to cone area.
    Last edited by TheTodd; 03-07-2021 at 09:22 PM.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    I managed to pull out a 7th place, out of 8 in my class, so at least I wasn’t last.
    Bragger but seriously nothing but respect for you, very cool accomplishment as you did what a lot of people strive for and never get close.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Thanks! It’s definitely one of my most proud accomplishments. Reading CA&E magazine in the late 80s as a 15yr old (yes, I’m old) I set a goal for myself that I would make it to finals one day. Fortunately right out of college I got a sales job at a car audio shop which got me the knowledge and access to good equipment but that meant I had to compete in the Pro class. Well, I wasn’t quite up to the pro level yet & I wanted to install it all myself so even though the install was decent and nice I went the SPL route for my first year and it paid off.

It was such a huge deal for me that I still have my competitors T-shirt, credentials and of course my trophy. I even won a Sirius Satellite Radio jacket personally delivered by a bikini-clad lady... still have THAT too.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am fairly sure he was team pioneer when I was judging the finals in 2005, when the Finns took there extreme car over, and Scott Owens was ext 5+ world champion because the Finns popped a sub, it’s the way it goes... they reconed 4 subs that night and won death match by a good margin after Scott popped all his amps in one bog daisy chain like a popcorn machine... good times! My db drag leather jacket (Wayne gave me and Darren from the U.K. a world finals leather jacket each, mine is like new and with klifton K and will be sold to the highest bidder with the proceeds to go to charity of Scott buwulda and Klifton’s choosing )

I also have a certain guy named Scotty Johnson’s team SPT shirt (I was European champion in ss5+ at the time and he was then crowned ss5+) signed by the man himself in my wardrobe with my team FI shirt from back in the day! I also got drunk and introduced some poor guy to snorting aftershock... he ended up taking lots of trips in an elevator when he passed out in the hotel... good times!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    I am fairly sure he was team pioneer when I was judging the finals in 2005, when the Finns took there extreme car over, and Scott Owens was ext 5+ world champion because the Finns popped a sub, it’s the way it goes... they reconed 4 subs that night and won death match by a good margin after Scott popped all his amps in one bog daisy chain like a popcorn machine... good times! My db drag leather jacket (Wayne gave me and Darren from the U.K. a world finals leather jacket each, mine is like new and with klifton K and will be sold to the highest bidder with the proceeds to go to charity of Scott buwulda and Klifton’s choosing )

I also have a certain guy named Scotty Johnson’s team SPT shirt (I was European champion in ss5+ at the time and he was then crowned ss5+) signed by the man himself in my wardrobe with my team FI shirt from back in the day! I also got drunk and introduced some poor guy to snorting aftershock... he ended up taking lots of trips in an elevator when he passed out in the hotel... good times!
    Thought Aftershock should go in the eye?! Maybe that was just once in Sunderland a long time ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    Thought Aftershock should go in the eye?! Maybe that was just once in Sunderland a long time ago...

that was earlier in 2005... kenny shotgunning two Smirnoff ice in 2 seconds... good times!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    that was earlier in 2005... kenny shotgunning two Smirnoff ice in 2 seconds... good times!
    I am feeling old now!!