Thread: Chit's Moosetang

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Chit's Moosetang

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    How was that transaction with BigAl? Seems to be somewhat of a shady character, lmao!

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Ohhhh... opinion question. It's tweeter time!!! So, should they mount in the sail panels, or the A pillars? Found some PVC caps that are just a tiny bit too small, but with some sanding should hold those XS28 tweeters great.

May need to trim some off the end of each cap, they definitely stick out way too much. Can't sink them too far into the sails though, or they'll hit the sheet metal.

Guess that's why I'm wondering about A-pillars now. But seems like the sail panels would offer better image and stage.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

My vote is sails. Informed by nothing but a hunch and a modicum of research
    Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Ohhhh... opinion question. It's tweeter time!!! So, should they mount in the sail panels, or the A pillars? Found some PVC caps that are just a tiny bit too small, but with some sanding should hold those XS28 tweeters great.

May need to trim some off the end of each cap, they definitely stick out way too much. Can't sink them too far into the sails though, or they'll hit the sheet metal.

Guess that's why I'm wondering about A-pillars now. But seems like the sail panels would offer better image and stage.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I would use hot glue to temporarily try different options...or make it adjustable, like I did in my Element

See the pods in the upper left

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Hey! I remember those pods!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    How was that transaction with BigAl? Seems to be somewhat of a shady character, lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post

7. Back To Top    #37
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

I'd say sail panel, unless it in a low position where the tweeter aim would be hitting the dash/driver console.

8. Back To Top    #38

Strictly my own opinion, but the Golf is my first car that came with a-pillar tweets and I like how it sounds more than the sail panel tweets I've done in my last couple of cars.

But the best thing you can do is create some sort of temporary mount and experiment with both locations to see what you like, every car is different and everyone has their own preferences. Sails are usually less intrusive install-wise.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by goatpanda View Post
    Strictly my own opinion, but the Golf is my first car that came with a-pillar tweets and I like how it sounds more than the sail panel tweets I've done in my last couple of cars.

But the best thing you can do is create some sort of temporary mount and experiment with both locations to see what you like, every car is different and everyone has their own preferences. Sails are usually less intrusive install-wise.
    Your build looks sick in your signature goat...sheesh. I bet it sounds amazing
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

10. Back To Top    #40

Thanks! It's an unusual setup with some compromises but it's punchy, clean and dynamic at fairly loud volumes. Practical too. That's mainly what I'm after in a daily-driver system.

I have a sub and amps upgrade planned, unfortunately those items have been delayed by a few months. I just gotta stay patient!
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.