Thread: Helix Pro Mk2 Static Issue

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Helix Pro Mk2 Static Issue

I've been messing around with my Helix pro and tuned it and sound great. I was running the Toyota Tundra factory head unit, along with a JL fix86 and was fed up with it, so i grabbed a Kenwood DMX1037s. I just installed it and i'm getting some hiss at from about 0-8 on the head unit volume control. Previously i thought that it was the fix86 (design flaw: you have to leave the head unit at 75% volume and use the control knob on the fix86 as master volume).

Now with the Fix gone, i want to eliminate the hiss. I didn't crack open the helix and adjust anything when i installed it. At first i thought that you can adjust the output voltage and my amps (2 JL HD900/5's) can take up to 8 volts input, which is what the helix outputs, so i didn't bother messing with it. Now, reading back through the manual it looks like you can adjust the input voltage on the helix, not the output. Is this what could be causing the hiss?

Thanks,
    Dan
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5, Kenwood DMX1037s, JL Fix86, Helix DSP Pro Mk2, 2 JL HD900/5, AudioFrog G60S & GS25 (front active) JL C5-650 (rear passive) 2 JL 10Tw3d4 in ported box.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Helix Pro Mk2 Static Issue

It’s likely from the amp, are the gains all the way down?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I usually start the process of elimination by unplugging the RCA going from the radio into the processor. If the noise goes away, then you know it's the HU or RCA. If it doesn't go away, unplug the RCA from the processor to the amp, and check again. If the noise is still there, it's the RCA or amp.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    It’s likely from the amp, are the gains all the way down?
    The gains are about 2/3 of the way up.
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5, Kenwood DMX1037s, JL Fix86, Helix DSP Pro Mk2, 2 JL HD900/5, AudioFrog G60S & GS25 (front active) JL C5-650 (rear passive) 2 JL 10Tw3d4 in ported box.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I usually start the process of elimination by unplugging the RCA going from the radio into the processor. If the noise goes away, then you know it's the HU or RCA. If it doesn't go away, unplug the RCA from the processor to the amp, and check again. If the noise is still there, it's the RCA or amp.
    Thanks. I'll start pulling rca's and see.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by danimal86 View Post
    The gains are about 2/3 of the way up.
    Sorry a bit late… but Turn them down then and use the signal the dsp can make, a dsp pro with factory settings on input gain at 4v, with 4v input needs to have outputs on +5db to make 8v, it was on of the first things I did when I got the dsp pro 2 years ago