Thread: Helix Pro Mk2 DSP Tuning and Microphone

1. Back To Top    #71
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Re: Helix Pro Mk2 DSP Tuning and Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Or raise your sub and midbass crossover from 80hz or whatever it is to 90 or even 100hz.
    Mine is currently at 100hz and not one person has mentioned my sub is crossed too high. They can't tell. The frequencies are too low still.
    I'll bump mine up to 100 and see.
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5, Kenwood DMX1037s, JL Fix86, Helix DSP Pro Mk2, 2 JL HD900/5, AudioFrog G60S & GS25 (front active) JL C5-650 (rear passive) 2 JL 10Tw3d4 in ported box.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Or raise your sub and midbass crossover from 80hz or whatever it is to 90 or even 100hz.
    Mine is currently at 100hz and not one person has mentioned my sub is crossed too high. They can't tell. The frequencies are too low still.
    I finally got a chance to drive the truck around with the new tune on it. I went ahead and raised the crossover to 90hz on the sub and lowered down the left miidbass driver so it wasn't maxed out. It was raining so i just lowered it a couple db without running the rta.

It sounded really good. I threw on Hotel California and wow it sounded great. i can tell i still need to mess with the tune, i think the midbass is stilll lacking a bit. Tomorrow i'm going to try to invert the polarity on that midbass driver and see if it changes anything..

I loaded the original preset i made with the crossovers set and nothing else. When i switched i could really hear that roll off on the high frequency sound. At first i thought that that would be a mistake, but after listening to music i was wrong and its really nice and smooth sounding.
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5, Kenwood DMX1037s, JL Fix86, Helix DSP Pro Mk2, 2 JL HD900/5, AudioFrog G60S & GS25 (front active) JL C5-650 (rear passive) 2 JL 10Tw3d4 in ported box.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Nice. Glad to here.

Remember, whenever you have something that isn't responding to EQ, it is never a good idea to max out the EQ, you have to just let it be as is and cut the other side to match it. this is because You ARE still applying that EQ to the speaker, it just the vehicle surfaces causing the measurements to change because the vehicle surfaces are impacting the measurements.

If you put your microphone right next to that speaker and had all eq 0, then maxed it out, the speaker WILL measure different. This is not good. This will cause crazy amounts of distortion and could ruin your speakers.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #74
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra SR5

Nice. Glad to here.

Remember, whenever you have something that isn't responding to EQ, it is never a good idea to max out the EQ, you have to just let it be as is and cut the other side to match it. this is because You ARE still applying that EQ to the speaker, it just the vehicle surfaces causing the measurements to change because the vehicle surfaces are impacting the measurements.

If you put your microphone right next to that speaker and had all eq 0, then maxed it out, the speaker WILL measure different. This is not good. This will cause crazy amounts of distortion and could ruin your speakers.
    Yeah thats what i was reading, and why i went ahead and lowered it a few db before i listened to any music. On the flip side, i do have a couple of the eq filters as low as they go, i believe they were on the tweeter side, could that cause any damage?