Thread: Live with PURIFI Co-Founder Lars Risbo!

1. Back To Top    #1

Live with PURIFI Co-Founder Lars Risbo!

To those of you who missed it, here is a link to the live chat with Lars Risbo of PURIFI Audio. Lars provided an overview of how drive units work, insight in to what makes PURIFI drivers so exceptional, and an exclusive look in to the hardware and software used in their R&D work.

I know I speak not only for myself but the community as well when I say "thank you" again to Lars and the rest of the PURIFI team who helped facilitate this and offer some insight of their own via the chat. Maybe we can do this again in the future.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Live with PURIFI Co-Founder Lars Risbo!

I got to watch most of it, I kept getting pulled away for work. Thanks to you and Lars for the very informative vid.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Wow thank you Erin!
    I'm only halfway through but it's a lot of fun.
    I love how Lars is so willing to share.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #4

That was a very eye opening insight into what goes into a driver, technical limitations and workarounds for the challenges posed by a normal coil/cone transducer, loved it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Wow, he shared a lot more than I was expecting. Cool how open they are about everything. Also good to know that the purifi is waterproof and UV treated (I think he said UV treated as well)...

Good job mentioning neo magnets on their midrange driver to make them smaller for a-pillars
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Wow, he shared a lot more than I was expecting. Cool how open they are about everything. Also good to know that the purifi is waterproof and UV treated (I think he said UV treated as well)...

Good job mentioning neo magnets on their midrange driver to make them smaller for a-pillars
    I agree. I appreciated having a real transducer engineer on the show. There are a lot of guys in the industry who just order parts from a dealer and apply some basic knowledge to get some high quality speakers. But they are far from true engineers. As you saw, PURIFI is really pushing the envelope; developing their own models, hardware and simulations to keep making improvements.

And, yep, he said they are also UV resistant. So no more from car audio manufacturers saying you can't use the Purifi speakers in car audio.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/