Thread: FS: SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Head Unit w/ Rotary & Candy Bar Remotes, COMPLETE! - MINTY

1. Back To Top    #1

FS: SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Head Unit w/ Rotary & Candy Bar Remotes, COMPLETE! - MINTY

Manufacturer/Model Number:
    SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Head Unit - COMPLETE with Rotary & Candy Bar IR Remotes & ALL accessories.

Price & Shipping Terms: $445 PayPal + $16 Priority Mail Flat Rate Box Insured Shipping with Signature Required. CONUS & Alaska/Hawaii ONLY. NO Int'l Sales or Shipping.

Condition of Each Item: EXCELLENT 9.0-9.5/10 Condition

Image(s) of each Item: (Your image, not someone else's) in the process of Posting a Link to my Cloud Storage Album with PHOTOS & VIDEOS...

FOR SALE: SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 AM/FM/CD Head Unit in EXCELLENT working & cosmetic condition.

Those familiar with this classic Single-DIN head unit understand that it still holds its own as one of the absolute best in terms of pure, no-frills SQ.

It has very clean, high-voltage/low-impedance RCA pre-outs, along with optional Toslink Digital Output for the CD player with the optional XA-D210/D211 adapter. (AM/FM Tuner must use analog RCAs).

If you need any specifics or verification regarding the amazing SQ of these head units, contact Audionutz (Steven Head) who has used the Sony CDX-C90 successfully in IASCA & MECA SQ competition for many many years.

In the Blind "High End Head Unit Shootout" conducted by Captainobvious, the Sony CDX-C90 actually ended up being my #1 pick in the BLIND listening test out of all 8 of the head units that were tested.

Maybe I'm biased or am just too familiar with its "sound", but I also tested the Sony CDX-C90 in my home rig as well, and it did not disappoint compared to my much more expensive Ayre C-5xe universal disc player.

Bench Tested and all functions working. And the faceplate's display is about as good as you'll ever find for one of these NOS SQ head units!

*** NOTE: I am also including the very hard to find wired RM-X90 Rotary Commander Remote with Mounting Base in 9.5/10 condition, as well as the also hard to find RM-X9 Wireless IR Remote in 9/10 condition. The Rotary Remote is a very beautiful and solid, high-quality brushed aluminum remote control with internal LED lighting.

Just these rare Remote Controls usually sell for well over $100 EACH (if you can even find them), and the Wireless IR Remote is Necessary to access some of the custom functions and settings on the head unit.

If you also need the Sony XDA-210 / XDA-211 Digital Toslink Optical Adapter, I may have one available as well at an additional cost. I have an extra Sony CDX-828 10-Disc CD Changer with Optical Toslink Output available at an additional cost as well.

THIS LISTING INCLUDES:

- SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Chassis & Faceplate in Excellent working & cosmetic condition
    - Faceplate Trim Ring in beautiful condition
    - RM-X90 wired Rotary Remote with perfect mounting base*
    - RM-X9 wireless "candy bar" IR Remote (no storage cradle)*
    - Single-DIN Mounting Cage
    - OEM wiring harness in Excellent Condition (not hacked up!)
    - Removable Faceplate Clamshell Storage Case

*If you don't need one or both of the Remote Controls, I can sell the Head Unit separately as well. But I will not sell either of the Remote Controls separately until the actual Head Unit has been sold. Thank you.

$445 + $16 Priority Mail Flat Rate Box Insured Shipping with Signature Required.

CONUS & Alaska/Hawaii ONLY. Sorry, no International Sales.

If I don't reply to your PM, please contact me via EMAIL at:

BBFOTO (AT) HOTMAIL (DOT) COM

I will be posting Photos & a Video of the functioning unit and all accessories to my Cloud Storage Photo Album soon. The only reason I'm selling this is because it will still leave me with 3 other backup units, and I probably don't need that many, LOL!

As a side note, I will also be listing this on eBAY where it will get WAY more exposure, so if you want to snag it at a Lower Price without having to pay the extra TAX as well, grab it here!

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!

- Billy B.
    Last edited by bbfoto; 01-08-2021 at 04:55 AM. Reason: CORRECTIONS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FS: SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Head Unit w/ Rotary & Candy Bar Remotes, COMPLETE! - M

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FS: SONY Mobile ES CDX-C90 Head Unit w/ Rotary & Candy Bar Remotes, COMPLETE! - M

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post

Sorry for the delay! Been dealing with a water heater that decided to go rogue on me in my garage.

Sale is already pending, but if it falls through I'll definitely post the photos here, and come back to manage the thread either way.

Cheers!

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow, I had the C90 with external changer and 8mm video deck