Thread: advice about quality

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    mercedes B200

advice about quality

Hey all!

Im new here. I, really into caraudio, so I decided to get some facts and knowledge myself. But I have a question about some audio/entertainment I let someone install in my car.

I bought a new car few months ago Merc b200 2010. Before that I had a lexus rx350 president with Marklevinson sound.
    The first thing I wanted to change in the Merc was the sound. I was spoiled with ML and I wanted audio to connect with bluetooth.

I came in touch with a smale 1 man local company wh does caraudio installs. He installed this in my car:

Helixs s 26c speakers/tweeters
    Alpine SWE subseater woofer
    Alpine ILX-702D
    Alpine HCE camera
    Damping of the speakers

At first he promised to install steg tweaters and speakers, but (without consulting me) he installed the Helix components because (alledgedly) the steg didnt fit. Now I dont want to say he did something wrong, but because it all happened without my consent, I want to get a second opinion if I got my moneys worth.
    Im not looking to be a pain in the ass, but when I compared it to my dads car standard audio (audi q3 2019) it didnt sound so much different.... So I thought people with expertise and knowledge might shed some light on all this.

I have no idea what the specs are from the audio that was in the car already... Its some standard merc polish speakers.
    Its Merc b200 2010 w245.

If anyone could shed some light.
    I do have the specs from the helix if needed.

Thank you for your time and help!
    Last edited by audiojunky; 01-08-2021 at 05:10 AM.
    Science is organised knowledge, wisdom is organised life.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: advice about quality

The helix speakers are decent. But I don't see any amp or dsp in there? Did you have a dsp and amps?

Without a dsp and amps, you aren't going to have very good results compared to the factory stuff.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Re: advice about quality

I think Dynaudio speakers are made in your country, why not use those?

You are going to need an amp and DSP for the system to sound good.