Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for design opinion.

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Looking for design opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I've considered an amp rack like you want. I was thinking of either taking a piece of frosted acrylic, painting it black, then either engraving or laser cutting the paint away to expose the frosted lines. Another option would be to screen print the black negative over some acrylic in such a way that the circuit lines would be masked off. Once the screen was removed, the acrylic would be black except for the lines.
    There is a material that is acrylic with a top layer of a different color.

https://www.ponoko.com/materials/bla...-color-acrylic

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I've considered an amp rack like you want. I was thinking of either taking a piece of frosted acrylic, painting it black, then either engraving or laser cutting the paint away to expose the frosted lines. Another option would be to screen print the black negative over some acrylic in such a way that the circuit lines would be masked off. Once the screen was removed, the acrylic would be black except for the lines.
    I'd never (to my knowledge) see it done this way and was thinking the same thing.
    I got the Music in Motion hexagon router Template and was going to work that in as well. I may still.

I wonder if you could use say countertop laminate and adhere it to acrylic then router it out?

3. Back To Top    #13

If you want to see what i ended up doing/am doing.

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...re-we-go/page6

4. Back To Top    #14

That's a really nice setup. It looks very neat as well. It is no wonder I like it, considering I've considered an amp rack like the one you want. An option I was thinking of is either taking a piece of frosted acrylic and painting it black so that I can later engrave to expose the frosted lines. The second option would be to screen print the black negative over some acrylic so that the circuit lines would be masked off. What about the lights? Do you also plan to use led strip lights?
    Last edited by annasschools1; 07-26-2022 at 09:00 AM.