Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two 12" Brahmas VS. One 15" Brahma VS. One 10" Hutchinson NDFEB

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: Two 12" Brahmas VS. One 15" Brahma VS. One 10" Hutchinson NDFEB

15s can be absolutely violent depending on what you listen to. I've heard them in numerous configurations and have never been disappointed. I have a friend with 2 of them ported on huge power....it's ridiculous. I had a single 15 in 2.5 cubes ported on a shade under 2k and it shook my lowly Sonata to the bracing.

I'm curious about how the 12s will do personally.

What music will you be testing them with?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    On the 15" I will be giving it twice it's rated power, or probably more than twice as I'm quite certain that this Mmats amp is underrated... We will see if it can handle it! Obviously, the two 12"s are perfectly matched to the available power.

My prediction is that I will like the two 12"s, but I have never even heard a 15" so maybe I'm wrong!
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    15s can be absolutely violent depending on what you listen to. I've heard them in numerous configurations and have never been disappointed. I have a friend with 2 of them ported on huge power....it's ridiculous. I had a single 15 in 2.5 cubes ported on a shade under 2k and it shook my lowly Sonata to the bracing.

I'm curious about how the 12s will do personally.

What music will you be testing them with?
    I listen to a wide variety... My bass specific reference songs, though, include Gourdon Banks - Keep you in mind, Khalid - Outta my head, and Khalid - Hundred, NF - Real and for SQ, Chris Jones - Long after you're gone.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Nice range.

If you want an instrumental to try there is a beat by this kid named Jordyn Edmonds called "Sea"...you can track it down on his bandcamp (from his In A Dream album) or on Youtube if you want to source it from there real quick for a snippet. Has a nasty low end throughout
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

4. Back To Top    #14

Almost done

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #15

Dang, that looks sweet! Super clean and innovative work, as always!

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Dang, that looks sweet! Super clean and innovative work, as always!
    Thank you! The idea was to continue the angles into the rest of the box (vs. the usual round overs) and then the angle in the outer layer of the baffle, which stripped the edges down in to a curve, is to give a little peak at the big beefy subs. So far it's coming together better than I hoped for! Lol

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #17

There will be 3 finishes - carpet, flat black paint, and perforated aluminum to match the trim.

I ordered this sheet:

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #18

I'm looking forward to seeing that. Your end result always looks so much better than anything I imagine from your description.

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing that. Your end result always looks so much better than anything I imagine from your description.
    Wow, with a compliment like that, the pressure is ON!!! Lol

I appreciate it!
    Last edited by DavidRam; 01-09-2021 at 11:52 PM.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #20

Can't wait to hear your assessment of the 2 Brahma's. I remember ToNasty saying the 2 12" Brahma's he heard on 1500 watts was the best sub setup he's ever heard.