Thread: Gauge Pod for tweeters?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

Gauge Pod for tweeters?

Has anyone tried installing a tweeter in an aftermarket gauge pod? As you can imagine hard to search on this forum using the keyword gauge and pod didn't yield much.

I don't have the skill to fab A-pillar pods from scratch and have to much going on to try and learn that skill now, maybe in a couple of years, in any case I was wondering how something like this may work?

https://www.steeda.com/gauge-mount-a...015-coupe.html

Hard to tell how the angle would be but any angle would seem better then just two tweeters facing each other from across the car, even if it wasn't spot on I would think its "less off axis"

The trick would be to find something available here for LHD cars and overseas for RHD cars.

I'm, not ready for a bullet style tweeter pod that has a single bolt to connect it to the A-pillar, maybe in time I may be get used to the idea but not now. One of the downsides of the current lack of GTG to see other installs.

The Mustang doesn't seem to be a good candidate for custom sail panels.
    Finally get to update this, procurement & install planning phase has had some execution happen, procurement is for minor items now. Have Morel MT350 Tweeters & Hybrid MW6 Woofers, AudioControl DM-6.1200 & just added LC.1-800, KnuKoncepts Wiring and distribution, Audiofrog GS12D2 refurb, starting with inexpensive subwoofer enclosure to get everything up and running and let funds replenish some...Funds have replenished and now I am questioning my early DSP/Amp approach decision...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: Gauge Pod for tweeters?

I have not tried it but, you have already mentioned a key aspect. Finding an RHD mirror image pod may be difficult for a Mustang. If you can find one that's inexpensive, you be able to do a temporary mount and experiment.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #3

These guys may be able to help

https://www.truturn.com

they make propeller spinners for R/C aircraft, hand spun aluminum and they will make custom spinners.
    you would still need to figure out how to mount them.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

I so wish they had something like this for the Camaro...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

I so wish they had something like this for the Camaro. I'm in the same boat in terms of fabrication of a-pillars...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Have you considered using plastic pipe caps? They come in different sizes, and all you have to do is paint them the color of your interior.

Just do a search for tweeter pods, lots of info available.

Good luck.