Thread: Question in wiring the power wire

1. Back To Top    #1

Question in wiring the power wire

Im wondering if this is a bad idea.
    My power wire from the battery to trunk is now too short for my setup. I had an extra ANL fuse holder so I attached it in the trunk location and added a new wire to reach my dist block.
    That's 2 fuse holders from battery to distribution block.
    Fuses in both.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question in wiring the power wire

As long as everything is properly secured I don't see any issues with doing that.

3. Back To Top    #3

As long as they are appropriately fused is safe. The do sell couplers for that.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Frank

Use the biggest fuse you can find for it. That way it acts as close to a solid extension coupling as possible. Not that it makes a difference......but why not.

5. Back To Top    #5
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
    Use the biggest fuse you can find for it. That way it acts as close to a solid extension coupling as possible. Not that it makes a difference......but why not.
    So is there less voltage drop through the bigger fuse?. Or how does it work?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    So is there less voltage drop through the bigger fuse?. Or how does it work?
    There should not be, but all things being equal, why not use the largest bridge possible. Now, if it means going out of your way to find a larger rating if you already have a properly rated one, then no. I'd still use a coupler like the one linked above though.