Thread: ScanSpeak Illuminator 18WU4741T-00 7 Inch Midwoofer Review

1. Back To Top    #1

ScanSpeak Illuminator 18WU4741T-00 7 Inch Midwoofer Review

Link below for full test data and evaluation.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/dri...ak18wu4741t00/

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ScanSpeak Illuminator 18WU4741T-00 7 Inch Midwoofer Review

I love reading your driver tests, especially how you measure distortion at real-world volume levels, as well as power-compression effects. Gives a nice insight to how a driver will actually perform in the car-audio realm, where we tend to push things a little harder.

You should start calling your xmax test the "heartbreaker" lol. I wish all manufacturers would adhere to such specific standards. Out of all the driver's you've tested, seems like the Illuminator's manufacturer spec has been the closest to your klippel test results.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

3. Back To Top    #3

YouTube for those who aren't quite sure what to make of the measurements yet:

Follow my blog:

4. Back To Top    #4

What happened to the Stereo Integrity review? I assume that was an M3 I saw.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    What happened to the Stereo Integrity review? I assume that was an M3 I saw.
    Yep. M3 Carbon. I told Nick I was prioritizing these others over his because I was giving the drivers away via my YouTube and Facebook Group and I wanted them done before Christmas.

Nick decided to send me a pair to give away as well. But I don't know when I'll get around to testing those. Could be soon. Could be later. I don't want to be in the garage all during Christmas.

Follow my blog:

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

I was so close to buying these....so so so close. Wasn't sure if I'd run into the same issue I did with the Satoris (depth)

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    YouTube for those who aren't quite sure what to make of the measurements yet:

A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Yep. M3 Carbon. I told Nick I was prioritizing these others over his because I was giving the drivers away via my YouTube and Facebook Group and I wanted them done before Christmas.

Nick decided to send me a pair to give away as well. But I don't know when I'll get around to testing those. Could be soon. Could be later. I don't want to be in the garage all during Christmas.
    Gotcha.