Re: Table top jigsaw mount

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Yes, I made that last year, here's the build thread, Lol

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...-a-mobile-cart
    Damn, dude! That is freaking awesome!

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I had a similar setup back in the early 90's, somebody made a metal plate with recessed screws to hold a jigsaw from underneath. It worked out great. The only problem I see with using 1/2" plywood as a base is you lose 1/2" of blade stroke. You might consider doing aluminum plate or phenolic plastic instead.
    I used 3/4" plywood, but recessed the saw by 1/2" so there is about a 1/4" thickness including the stainless steel top.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Damn, dude! That is freaking awesome!
    Thanks man! I get tons of use out of that thing!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #14

I'm thinking about mounting an on/off switch... Do you guys know of a small one??

The one's I'm seeing for routers are kinda, like this:

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

There are a few smaller options at this site:

ToolOrbit - Switches
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    There are a few smaller options at this site:

ToolOrbit - Switches
    They had exactly what I needed, thanks!! I ordered this one:

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is going to work out perfectly. I use the heck out of that Rockwell Bladerunner X2 - almost as much as the old miter saw!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That is going to work out perfectly. I use the heck out of that Rockwell Bladerunner X2 - almost as much as the old miter saw!
    I remember that you have that... I wanted to get one, but I also wanted to make my own version. Obviously, the benefits with this set up, is there are no size restrictions. Also, the blade should pull a majority of the dust down and the jigsaw has an attachment for my shopvac. I still haven't used it, though, so all of this is only theory for now! Lol

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #19

First off - that thing is sexy as hell. The construction looks great. And that stainless for the top - I love it.
    I have a Rigid table saw in my own single car garage (that the wifey parks in - so has to be neat ) that's my full-size table saw, and I love being able to roll it out into the garage or driveway where I can just make a mess.

In my basement workshop (where I have a dust collection system), I have a small, almost antique Delta table saw - I put that one on a roller base like yours, and tried to make a router table with a perforated top used pegboard for the perforations) and a vacuum chamber beneath, to both suck dust and create a mild holding effect for routed pieces. I had also embedded a circle template Even with bracing underneath the top wasn't quite good or flat enough though -
    Now you have me eyeballing my big router table in the garage. I could take what I learned from the basement router table attempt and do a better one on that larger table saw.
    I'll take a pic later if I get a chance.

I'm curious - what are you going to use an upside-down jigsaw for? Is that in substitute for a bandsaw or a detail sander?
    I'm just wondering - if you really want that "perfect vertical" that a bandsaw can achieve, but don't have a bandsaw - what if you were to rig up something to hold the blade, above the work surface? Might require extra long blades, but those exist. Just trying to think of ways to improve an impressive looking build, to get the results of whatever you are working on to come out as well as your build here!
    I'll take a pic later of the bandsaw piece I'm referring to.

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    First off - that thing is sexy as hell. The construction looks great. And that stainless for the top - I love it.
    I have a Rigid table saw in my own single car garage (that the wifey parks in - so has to be neat ) that's my full-size table saw, and I love being able to roll it out into the garage or driveway where I can just make a mess.

In my basement workshop (where I have a dust collection system), I have a small, almost antique Delta table saw - I put that one on a roller base like yours, and tried to make a router table with a perforated top used pegboard for the perforations) and a vacuum chamber beneath, to both suck dust and create a mild holding effect for routed pieces. I had also embedded a circle template Even with bracing underneath the top wasn't quite good or flat enough though -
    Now you have me eyeballing my big router table in the garage. I could take what I learned from the basement router table attempt and do a better one on that larger table saw.
    I'll take a pic later if I get a chance.

I'm curious - what are you going to use an upside-down jigsaw for? Is that in substitute for a bandsaw or a detail sander?
    I'm just wondering - if you really want that "perfect vertical" that a bandsaw can achieve, but don't have a bandsaw - what if you were to rig up something to hold the blade, above the work surface? Might require extra long blades, but those exist. Just trying to think of ways to improve an impressive looking build, to get the results of whatever you are working on to come out as well as your build here!
    I'll take a pic later of the bandsaw piece I'm referring to.
    Thanks!!

My goal is to make cleaner cuts with a jigsaw by having it function more like a bandsaw (moving the wood rather than the saw). The other problem I have with jigsaw cuts is sawdust making it hard to see the cut line. So with the jigsaw upside down, I am hoping most of the sawdust is pulled down via the suction of the shopvac attached to the jigsaw AND the direction the blade cuts now being reversed.

#TRUMP2020