Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Table top jigsaw mount

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Table top jigsaw mount

I just found another one someone made:

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #22

This is the mechanism that keeps the bandsaw blade straight. I'm thinking it would be tough to replicate with a jigsaw, since you already have limited length of the blade, factoring in the stroke.

But I can think of a passive way to ensure perfect vertical:

If you buy a laser pointer (you'll probably need to disassemble it, if not to mount it, to replace the switch with one that's not momentary) you could suspend it so it points right down perfectly on the tip of the blade.

When cutting curves, if the blade flexes, you'd see the blade move away from the laser pointer dot and you'd know to slow down or adjust.

Just an idea.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #23

This was my attempt to make that router table with vacuum chamber, as built into little table saw.
    You can probably see where I got a crack that started on the front edge, because it's just pegboard on top (there's bracing and a structure inside, made from MDF - see the chamber poking out below). Besides that, it works. That vacuum hose on the floor hooks up to a port on the bottom.

But you can see on my garage full size table saw, I have a lot more room I could build one.
    Plus I could either plug in my shop vac up there, or not even worry about dust since I could be in my driveway.

Maybe in spring I'll think about it again.

4. Back To Top    #24

That's pretty cool! It sucks when space is tight... My dream is to someday have a large shop that is separate from the house and garage. This dream would never happen while living near the beach in SoCal...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    This is the mechanism that keeps the bandsaw blade straight. I'm thinking it would be tough to replicate with a jigsaw, since you already have limited length of the blade, factoring in the stroke.

But I can think of a passive way to ensure perfect vertical:

If you buy a laser pointer (you'll probably need to disassemble it, if not to mount it, to replace the switch with one that's not momentary) you could suspend it so it points right down perfectly on the tip of the blade.

When cutting curves, if the blade flexes, you'd see the blade move away from the laser pointer dot and you'd know to slow down or adjust.

Just an idea.

You could use bearings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFnb...nel=JSK-koubou

6. Back To Top    #26

I skipped ahead -

I didn't catch if the whole arm was vertically adjustable on that, but would be doable with slotted holes and thumb nuts with washers under them.

Looks like you could leave yourself the ability to cut material at least an inch thick with a standard blade - I wonder if there's like a 4" (or longer) blade that might allow you to cut something thick like a 2x4.
    I bet there is.

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I skipped ahead -

I didn't catch if the whole arm was vertically adjustable on that, but would be doable with slotted holes and thumb nuts with washers under them.

Looks like you could leave yourself the ability to cut material at least an inch thick with a standard blade - I wonder if there's like a 4" (or longer) blade that might allow you to cut something thick like a 2x4.
    I bet there is.

Yes. And yes. Both are shown in the video.

8. Back To Top    #28

I had some problem with the pictures of the post titled "painted", here they are again:

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #29

Got the switch installed... Now I just leave the jigsaw locked on, nice and easy. Still haven't tried it out though...

#TRUMP2020