Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealthbox vs. 10 inch sealed quality SQ sub

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Stealthbox vs. 10 inch sealed quality SQ sub

Great thanx Guys. I do plan on upgrading my front speakers as well. I have a Memphis 5 channel I will be running. Ok well I will see how the DSP works out and hopefully it cleans things up a little and yes I have heard proper tuning is paramount so I will look into that as well.

2. Back To Top    #12

My experience with JL subs and JL enclosures is that the drivers always sounded better in bigger enclosures than what JL recommended. Low end extension was better. It’s been a while, things may have changed now. I’ve been out of car audio for a little bit. My experience was with a couple of JL Audio enclosures, one with two 10W6v2’s, and one with a single JL 12W6v2. I also had a JL13W6v2 in the recommended enclosure.

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    That is exactly what happened with the other thread between you and the other poster. They picked certain parts to respond to and it could be/was taken out of context with the rest of your post. Here you took a very small part of my post and gave a warning of be careful.

However, if you go back and read the rest of the post then you will realize there was no need for that as the rest of the post says what you said. A dsp can't do everything, but it can make a difference, even with other poor choices. That is twisting words and twisting the post to be different than its original intent as stated in the original post.
    The comments I made did not exclude anything you subsequently wrote. I only shortened the quote to the 'headline' then pointed out things DSP can't address. The rest of your post only talked about the person doing the tuning. None of my comment related to the person doing the tuning - I commented only on fundamentals that don't matter who is doing the tuning.

That's very different than [making an analogy to that other post] if you said, say
    "I can use a DSP to fix anything related your offset seat position" and I had vaguely responded
    "Your post is nothing but bad info"
    Then - when you asked for clarification on that, i claimed you said
    "I can use a DSP to fix anything".

THAT'S what happened over there.

That's not in any way what happened here.
    Last edited by geolemon; 11-29-2020 at 04:18 PM.