Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ResoNix review part 1 - install

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

ResoNix review part 1 - install

Just finished with most of the deadening in my install and wanted to do a short review of the ResoNix products. I know there are others already written but still...
    This is the first part and it's about using the products. I'll write a part 2 about how effective they are once the car is done and tuned.

ResoNix Sound Solutions, for those not familiar, is run by Nick (SkizeR on this forum) who also owns Apicella Auto Sound. The ResoNix site has a ton of educational info on sound deadening treatments and explains what each product does and why to use it.

The Camaro is a very difficult car to work on. Spaces are all tight and curved, and you would be hard pressed to find an accessible flat area larger than 3 square inches anywhere on the inside sheet metal, so for me flexibility and stickiness were key.
    In my previous install (5 years ago) I used SDS so this system of using several products (rather than an all-in-one) is something I'm used to.

First, the CLD. This stuff is excellent! They are heavy sheets but very flexible. The butyl is excellent quality and sticks really well. I had a very easy time cutting and installing this stuff.

The butyl rope is thick and feels very stiff at first, but as you work it with your hands it becomes malleable and sticks very well. I used it not only on the crash bars in the doors, but also on the many clips and switches in the interior trim panels.

Finally, the CCF. I LOVE this stuff. It's dense but soft and very malleable and feels great. The glue on the back is incredibly strong and once you place it on a panel it sticks like crazy.

In all these products, you can really feel and see the quality. I am really happy I decided to use ResoNix and definitely feel it is an incredible value product at a very reasonable price.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    SMOKE
    Vehicle
    2006 ZO6 2008 F150

Re: ResoNix review part 1 - install

Yeah, it's really good stuff. I believe it's rebranded SDS CLD tiles when Nick bought them out. The SDS tiles are/were the best in the biz, so if Nick made no changes to the product, that's what you're buying. Very happy we can still get them. SDS folding had me worried.

Lemans Blue ZO6. Pioneer HU, Focal and Dayton drivers, JL VXi, JL XD, TW5's...and on and on...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. I believe it's rebranded SDS CLD tiles when Nick bought them out. The SDS tiles are/were the best in the biz, so if Nick made no changes to the product, that's what you're buying. Very happy we can still get them. SDS folding had me worried.
    Glad you like it but ResoNix is not rebranded SDS. Don refused to sell the company for some reason. Believe it or not, in all of my testing the ResoNix outperforms the SDS by a good margin

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

Had me worried too lol, that's why I was so happy to find ResoNix.
    I didn't know the tiles were the same...I have some old (5 years old) SDS tiles left over, and they don't feel quite the same (nor are they the same size) but that may be because of the age of the SDS tiles...The ResoNix CCF is definitely not the same, especially with the glue, and feels very different.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

Installing acoustic treatments is a hard, tedious job. You hope to do it once and never think about it again...That's why I never understood people going through it but using cheap, sub-standard, materials...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    Had me worried too lol, that's why I was so happy to find ResoNix.
    I didn't know the tiles were the same...I have some old (5 years old) SDS tiles left over, and they don't feel quite the same (nor are they the same size) but that may be because of the age of the SDS tiles...The ResoNix CCF is definitely not the same, especially with the glue, and feels very different.
    None of it is the same. These are all their own product

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

That's what I thought...

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    Installing acoustic treatments is a hard, tedious job. You hope to do it once and never think about it again...That's why I never understood people going through it but using cheap, sub-standard, materials...
    I agree. But looking back, I get it. When you have no reference, the first product you use seems good. My first "sound deadener" was peel and seal and I thought it was awesome lol. Thankfully, Chris started his testing last night so we'll see soon enough what is what on all current products

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

Looking forward to the results

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Thankfully, Chris started his testing last night so we'll see soon enough what is what on all current products

It will just prove that your stuff sucks.

Fatmat 900 mil !!!