Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Re-Branded A/F amp

1. Back To Top    #1

New Re-Branded A/F amp

So I drive a few BMW's and 2 of them have a Audiotec Fischer, plug n' play amp/dsp combos. The other has the factory Individual Audio option.

They are really great, one is a Match Up7BMW, and the other is a Bimmertech braded version of the Helix PP82DSP. I really like the Match as it is basically a Helix amp/dsp combo w/ full tunability through the helix software and has more power for the underseat mids than the PP82DSP.

Bavsound released a version called the Revenant which is basically a Match Up7 BMW, but I believe they lock the software down for their own tunes specific to your BMW.

Now they just released a version today calling it the "Pro" but it doesn't provide any real info about how much power this will be putting out to individual channels... anyone know which A/F amp this is based off?

https://www.bavsound.com/pages/reven...TXQ4NWtRIn0%3D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Re-Branded A/F amp

First off - I know nothing of this particular product. I'm only going to speak to my suspicions, as I've worked with some small manufacturers, who (by necessity, as most small brands do) work through contact manufacturers... and often also rely on their engineers.

Sometimes, the only difference between a Boss/Pyle/Skar and someone aiming higher-end is a brand manager telling the contract manufacturer "we want to go high-end" in the discussion - and that guy might not even know how to quantify that.

All this is popping into my head mainly because I see that "only 250 being made!"

It makes me suspicious - a business interested in self-sustainability (read: after-sale support) would want to sell as many as possible, as demand remains strong.

Existing reputable brands can pull off the "limited production" trick as a marketing concept - that demand plays on their existing huge-volume brand recognition, creating inherent desire for the "limited production.

This is baseless limited production - one has to assume the "limit" is their pocketbooks. They can only commit to one production run...
    And since they aren't even leaving the door open to "if we're successful!" sales, it could easily be a "grab the money and run before the 250 people figure out its not really high end!"

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by geolemon; 11-22-2020 at 02:38 PM.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Does not look like any (known) AF amp, and from their text it would seem like this is their "own" (meaning: from another supplier) developed product:

"ALL-NEW DSP & BASS EXPANDER SYSTEM
    We rebuilt the entire DSP system, including our proprietary Bass Expander technology, with all new algorithms, DSP tunes, and architecture. With our original Revenant amplifier, the DSP tune was hard-coded into the amplifier
    Also a bold claim naming it the "world's first plug and play amplifier", we installed a Match up7 in about 4 minutes in a X5 to have it up and running, and another 5 minutes to upload the premade AF sound tune for the X5

But yeah, from the looks of it at least, it does not look like a rebranded AF amp this time round.

4. Back To Top    #4

24% more power, 7db lower s/n ratio
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    24% more power, 7db lower s/n ratio
    It's sure a good thing that unknown car audio amplifier manufacturers NEVER lie about their specs!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    First off - I know nothing of this particular product. I'm only going to speak to my suspicions, as I've worked with some small manufacturers, who (by necessity, as most small brands do) work through contact manufacturers... and often also rely on their engineers.

Sometimes, the only difference between a Boss/Pyle/Skar and someone aiming higher-end is a brand manager telling the contract manufacturer "we want to go high-end" in the discussion - and that guy might not even know how to quantify that.

All this is popping into my head mainly because I see that "only 250 being made!"

It makes me suspicious - a business interested in self-sustainability (read: after-sale support) would want to sell as many as possible, as demand remains strong.

Existing reputable brands can pull off the "limited production" trick as a marketing concept - that demand plays on their existing huge-volume brand recognition, creating inherent desire for the "limited production.

This is baseless limited production - one has to assume the "limit" is their pocketbooks. They can only commit to one production run...
    And since they aren't even leaving the door open to "if we're successful!" sales, it could easily be a "grab the money and run before the 250 people figure out its not really high end!"

So this was my almost exact thought, when I saw this but couldn't quite figure out what was bothering me about their marketing.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    Does not look like any (known) AF amp, and from their text it would seem like this is their "own" (meaning: from another supplier) developed product:

Also a bold claim naming it the "world's first plug and play amplifier", we installed a Match up7 in about 4 minutes in a X5 to have it up and running, and another 5 minutes to upload the premade AF sound tune for the X5

But yeah, from the looks of it at least, it does not look like a rebranded AF amp this time round.
    See this is what I am saying, I have a Match Up7... it literally installed in minutes, I loaded a particular tune for my exact speakers and car and it was crazy how huge of a difference it made. Literally the easiest system that actually made me smile since a JBL MS-8 back in the day... and the MS-8 was a little tricky, Match 7 was a no-brainer.

I was hoping it was a rebranded A/F amp with a little more power and some cooling. I could really get behind a 150x6 + 300x2 @ 2 Ohms A/F DSP amp.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Doug Dobson
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Jeep JK, 2005 VW Touareg, 2012 Kia Optima SX, 1992 Jeep YJ, 1999 Silverado, 1992

The new amplifier is made in association with Arc Audio.

Yes, the first Revenant amplifier was a locked Match UP7BMW, with a lot more power for the under seat woofers and 7dB higher S/N ratio than the upcoming product.
    Doug Dobson

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by dobslob View Post
    The new amplifier is made in association with Arc Audio.

Yes, the first Revenant amplifier was a locked Match UP7BMW, with a lot more power for the under seat woofers and 7dB higher S/N ratio than the upcoming product.
    Interesting!!! Do you know if it will be locked down again or will the Arc software communicate to tune the DSP?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Doug Dobson
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Jeep JK, 2005 VW Touareg, 2012 Kia Optima SX, 1992 Jeep YJ, 1999 Silverado, 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post
    Interesting!!! Do you know if it will be locked down again or will the Arc software communicate to tune the DSP?
    I have to assume it will be locked.
    Doug Dobson