Thread: 2020 Ford Transit Connect

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bill
    Vehicle
    2020 Ford Transit Connect

Hi All,
    So I bought a Van about a month ago. Com0lete and total noob...
    Took it to my Local shop to have them install my Morel Vitus 602 Mids and tweets in stock locations and had them deadening doors as well and add ( speed rings?).
    Now I am realizing, I can do this stuff myself... so we shall see how the rest turns out.
    will retain the stock head unit. Looking at using a single 12” in a sealed box.

All will be powered by my Audio Control D 6.1200 amp/ dsp. Front stage is going to be run Active. Sub will get 2 channels bridged for 400 watts rms @ 4 ohm.

On a side note, if anyone has a modeling program and would not mind helping out a noob.

I have a Dayton Audio RSS 315HF-4 12” sub I think I will use. However there seems to be great debate about sealed enclosure size... more importantly is something I am reading about.. ( cabin gain)? Sounds like I need help modeling that sub and sealed enclosure in my particular vehicle? Or so I am reading.....

Anyone who can help shed light on this for me ? I would sure appreciate it. I honestly thought I could just throw any sub and box in. But that is not correct. I want the 12” sub to be musical, to blend well with the front. It does not have to be head outside vehicle at the stop light.

Thanks in advance for all help, tips and feed back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201026_143342.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	14555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201026_144930.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	14556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201112_112026.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	14557  

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2020 Ford Transit Connect

Nice job so far, get them holes covered. I covered the big holes in my doors with roof flashing and threaded rivets covered in butyl deadener. I still have closed cell foam to do as well... some of the smaller holes like couple inches or less I used extra thick aluminum tape doubled up and it sounds pretty good. You just don’t want to do thin layers of stuff over large areas because it will flex like a passive radiator...
    Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12

3. Back To Top    #3

Model the sub in speaker box lite or winisd
    Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Nice job so far, get them holes covered. I covered the big holes in my doors with roof flashing and threaded rivets covered in butyl deadener. I still have closed cell foam to do as well... some of the smaller holes like couple inches or less I used extra thick aluminum tape doubled up and it sounds pretty good. You just don’t want to do thin layers of stuff over large areas because it will flex like a passive radiator...
    Some of the SPL guys will screw down the metal flashing and then tighten it up by dimpling it with a ball-peen hammer.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Not sure on the differences between 2016 and 2020, but you may find some answers, inspiration etc. here..... https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...hlight=transit
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Bill
    Vehicle

Oh My! Now that is some awesome stuff..... inspired

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

I was curious about this....why do they dimple it? Reduce flex even further?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Some of the SPL guys will screw down the metal flashing and then tighten it up by dimpling it with a ball-peen hammer.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    I was curious about this....why do they dimple it? Reduce flex even further?
    Pinging it causes the metal to pull against the crews, making it tight like a drum. Look at post #4 of Erin's build https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...atchback-Sport

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Yeah that's what I remembered when I read your response...I sent him a PM last week asking the same question but I know he's busy. Thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Pinging it causes the metal to pull against the crews, making it tight like a drum. Look at post #4 of Erin's build https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...atchback-Sport
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall