Thread: Illusion C12 XL box specs

1. Back To Top    #1

Illusion C12 XL box specs

Hey all, first post besides my introduction here! I've just pulled the trigger on 3 C12xl's. My initial plan was to do a shared volume of 3cf. But after some recent forum searches, many people tend to like the woofer in 1.3cf. Has anyone here actually tried the 12xl in 1cf and changed to something slightly larger and noticed a big difference?? I can fit 3cf easy, but really anything over that is taking up too much storage space. Wondering if 2 12xl's in 2.6cf is better than 3 in 3cf

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Illusion C12 XL box specs

i've got mine in about 1cu each, sounds great with extension down to 20hz easily. mine are in a hatch area, up-firing.

as some insurance for that low extension, make sure you've got the full power on tap

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    i've got mine in about 1cu each, sounds great with extension down to 20hz easily. mine are in a hatch area, up-firing.

as some insurance for that low extension, make sure you've got the full power on tap
    I've seen your build! Simply awesome �� & all that headroom ��

I've got an arc audio 2300se allocated for each woofer.. just about 1300wrms per driver. Once I heard "better in 1.3cf" in other threads, I was nervous

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks. 1300wrms should be enough for each