Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

1. Back To Top    #61
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

I also say bring it. Even if it’s not working, or working 100%. I mean if you really wanna blow money on a rental + mileage go ahead. But in all honesty maybe someone there can give you a fresh perspective on what you have… but that’s not possible without the car there. I went to a meet before with what I thought was a blown mid and during a demo someone suggested a bad RCA cable. Turns out they were right. Without that horrible sounding demo I probably would have spent a LOT more money on new speakers instead of another RCA cable.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Listen to The Todd
    Bring it. So many years of experience will exist that someone will be able to figure it out in 2 minutes. That my mean easy fix or "Yep it's busted" but can't make a determination if its not there.
    Charge up your earbuds and drive the car down and let's hang out.
    I went to these meets for 5 years as a passenger so all are welcome and encouraged.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Eric

I agree with what everyone else is saying... if you are coming, bring the Avalon!

4. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Final update on this build. The subs are officially toast. My inexperience and a bit of just pure bad luck has led me to have killed one of the coils on each of my subwoofers. These things are built like Sherman tanks and I managed to mess them up. So I now own 2 very expensive paper weights. The only good news I can pull from this is I've learned a lesson so whatever the next iteration looks like won't have the same mistakes.

My initial thoughts just to get myself back into having a sub stage again is to likely buy some SQL 12s and just run them in a ported box for a time. The only debate is whether I'll run another monster monoblock or get fancy (in preparation for my end game with this car) and run a bridged A/B amp.

I'm still coming to the meet but likely with a rental just to meet everyone and hang out.

Again, thanks for reading this to all who did and definitely thank you for all of the advice and help offered.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

5. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Eric

I know its disappointing to have bum subs, but I'd still bring the Avalon so we can see what you are working with.
    About the sub amp, while fidelity still exists in the lower frequencies, it is much more difficult to pick out than with upper frequencies. You could save a few bucks by not using an A/B amp on your subs where you are not likely to hear the benefits...

Or, I could have just said "nobody uses A/B amps for subs"

6. Back To Top    #66
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Seriously, don't bother with a rental. Drive the Avalon down, a rental will suck, limited availability and stupid prices. I am not sure if you are heading down Friday or Saturday (or the direction you are heading since I believe you are in MD), but some of us from VA / PA are planning to convoy down on Friday, myself, my son, Todd, possibly Anu, all headed down together Friday, you're welcome to meet up with us if you are headed down Friday.

Bring your car though, you'll get a lot of ideas with people looking at it and making suggestions that you would miss out on with the rental.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix