Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

You mentioned Ron Baker. To me that guy is a legend. His Audi is one of the best cars I've ever heard.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

I agree....I finally got to hear it and it was everything I imagined it would be and more. It's one of my favorite designs and setups I've ever seen and I hope to emulate it in some small way or do it my own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    You mentioned Ron Baker. To me that guy is a legend. His Audi is one of the best cars I've ever heard.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Realized that I never post a pic of the final trunk layout. Seems fitting to at least show how it turned out before it gets torn down and redone this summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220320_134028.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	17179

4. Back To Top    #54
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That's a lotta juice right there. Those sub enclosures are really trick too - liking the rabbet along each edge.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #55
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Thank you sir. Yeah the guy that built them was a beast in his ideas and execution. I'll miss the layout...they're some monsters, I'm glad I took the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That's a lotta juice right there. Those sub enclosures are really trick too - liking the rabbet along each edge.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Is this the setup you'll have in May at NCSQ?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Yes sir.

I won't be making any sweeping changes until July or so.....I still haven't settled on subwoofers to replace for IB....it's mostly down to whether I go 15 or 18 inch. I have everything else mapped out.
    So for better or worse...that's how I'll be rolling down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Is this the setup you'll have in May at NCSQ?

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

News: on the 1st I was driving and couldn't figure out why my system sounded terrible. It legitimately sounded worse than my stock system and I couldn't figure out what was going on. When I left work, I decided to dive in and figure out what was wrong and discovered that, among a few other things, my left sub wasn't playing. There was no visible damage on any amplifiers or on the box or anything like that. I pushed on the cone to make sure that it wasn't (highly unlikely but still...) burned up or that the cone was frozen in place like I've seen happen. I had movement so I breathed a sigh of relief and kept trying to go through progressions to discover anything else. I found nothing.

Saturday morning, I decided that I was going to have to basically uproot my amps to access the box which is firing up with the terminal recessed into the spare tire opening. Not the smartest design but it allowed things to look incredibly clean in the trunk. After essentially deadlifting the box and sub out of the trunk I tried to check if there were any signs of something gone awry, I found nothing again (with my untrained eyes) Lacking in any resources or connections where I live to troubleshoot, I just made the decision to leave the sub in the house and run a single 11 for the rest of my time with this build. I'm pretty frustrated with how all of this has turned out and contemplated yanking everything out and just living with the failure. I left it intact and will at least have music until I get ready to sell nearly everything in the trunk. I'll likely save the miles on my car and just drive a rental down to the Greensboro meet so I can hear cars that are actually well done and executed. This has been such an intergalactic thunderf**k that I'm about ready to bush this whole endeavor.

That being said. I am going to make one last attempt to at least get the trunk right. In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of months to sell stuff, purchase new stuff and find someone who can actually build an "IB" setup in my trunk. Future plans are likely Helix amps with a Mosconi for the subs....and ask Nick for a remote tune when I'm ready. If anyone knows a person or shop worth a damn anywhere between northeastern Maryland down to the Hampton Roads area (Va. Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, etc. area for the uninitiated) that can help me with the build portion of my next iteration, feel free to send them my way.

Thanks for following this silly ass thread.

9. Back To Top    #59

Hey man, I understand your frustration, we've all been there. This hobby can be a rollercoaster of emotions, sometimes things just don't go the way you want them to. It can be pretty discouraging after putting a bunch of time, money and effort into it. Give yourself a mental break from it before doing anything drastic, then come back to it with fresh perspective.

I would still consider taking your car to the meet, as some people there should be able to have a listen to your system and give you some helpful feedback on it (I don't know how far of a drive it is for you though).
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Thanks for the encouragement. It's not a horrific drive...4.5 - 5 hours I believe. Nothing I wouldn't be willing to do in a day. I'm definitely taking a step back from it though and will try to think about it a bit differently. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by goatpanda View Post
    Hey man, I understand your frustration, we've all been there. This hobby can be a rollercoaster of emotions, sometimes things just don't go the way you want them to. It can be pretty discouraging after putting a bunch of time, money and effort into it. Give yourself a mental break from it before doing anything drastic, then come back to it with fresh perspective.

I would still consider taking your car to the meet, as some people there should be able to have a listen to your system and give you some helpful feedback on it (I don't know how far of a drive it is for you though).