Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limtited. Future Plans......

Quick update....I've done my first round of deadening...didn't take any pics because I'm not proud of it but when I crack the doors back open again I'll snap some and will gladly accept any constructive criticism. I've done all four doors and trunk so the only areas remaining are the front dash piece that I hear buzzing from and the rear deck which is screaming. After going to regionals and hearing quite a few cars in the process I've decided to suck it up and do kick panels with the w800 neos...it's the only way. So with that...I'll have to tear out the carpet and line the floor very well as you do. Running the Anarchy 7s in the front doors...no rear fill but I'll leave the factory speakers in.

Going to likely add plastic wrapped Roxul into the bottom door cavity as well as the cavities in my trunk lid to try and absorb the remaining noise and resonance (hopefully).

Still waiting on the Ampro for my vehicle....if anyone knows how I can potentially avoid having to use this in the beginning I'd love to hear it. I just want to get the stuff into the car and get rolling on tweaking it and when the Ampro finally comes back in stock I'll just add it and go from there.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

So...everything has arrived...made some mistakes, bought shit I didn't need...etc.

First photos of the work being done. Any advice or things you see that I can do better...please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	512.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	16484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	16485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	549.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	16486

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Finally...work being done!

I can't wait to see where this goes

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Updates:

Things are moving along surprisingly well....the biggest hurdle of taking the radio off was solved relatively quickly with a lucky video find and about 15 minutes. Purchased and ran a 16 ft. optical cable from the ampro integration module to the DSP which will be mounted in the spare tire well. Adapters are also being created for the w800s to go in the front doors to take place of the factory JBL 6x9s. Rear doors will be done soon with the Anarchy 7s and the factory 8 inch woofer has been deleted and the entire rear deck deadened by my installer as well as some touch up deadening with ccf done on my doors (because I didn't do the best job). Power wire magically made it through the firewall so that was another win. Updates on the rest to follow....I'm also horrible about photos so i'll try to do better with that.

Issues I'm facing; It's mainly just one now....I have fusing figured out and distribution etc. etc. I received the incorrect plug for the Singer alt on my case and reached out to him...he was pretty cool, called me immediately after I texted him to discuss correcting the error so hopefully the turnaround is not too long. Great guy.

The main issue I'm facing is what i've asked a few different ways before in the BAW about my electrical setup. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'll likely have to run a second battery....leave my AGM that I bought and go lithium in the trunk. I'm loathe to do this but it's unavoidable as near as I can figure. If anyone has any insight on upgrading electrical, I'm a willing listener.

My boxes are also winding down on completion and the preliminary pictures I've seen are awesome. Once they are fully complete I will absolutely post them to this thread. We'll see if bamboo can hold up to the pressure.

5. Back To Top    #45

while you've got the trim panels off, run a 15' rca coax spdif cable, and a usb3 extension cable. it doesn't add a bunch of weight, doesn't take a bunch of time, but it'll be convenient later on when you change your mind about source equipment, dsp, or anything else you might want those cables for.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Thank you sir....I will implement this

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    while you've got the trim panels off, run a 15' rca coax spdif cable, and a usb3 extension cable. it doesn't add a bunch of weight, doesn't take a bunch of time, but it'll be convenient later on when you change your mind about source equipment, dsp, or anything else you might want those cables for.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Update: Doors are done as well as dash mids. I'm only going to post a few pics because I'm trash at this but enjoy please

Name:	1825.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	16557

Name:	1863.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	16558

Name:	1949.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	16559

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

So....more exciting news.

The boxes are at about 90% completion. There are a few things to finish up and fix but I wanted to share photos of the nearly finished work.

Really excited about these. They are small sealed per SI specs, fairly lightweight without the subs installed and made of bamboo plywood and stained with Ebony along with clearcoat.

Name:	20211130_065119.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	16597

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

This weekend was pretty damn epic. The hardest part of the build began and was fun to see happen and participate in. False floor was made from 1/2 inch plywood and has since been wrapped in carpet with the necessary holes and such in place for wire routing. My friend is a wizard with this stuff and to see him moving so quickly with purpose was a treat. He's not active on forums but I always want to give him his respect. I'm going to try to coax him to a meet next go round to hear some of you guys' stuff. I'm posting the in progress pics of the trunk and the preliminary layout of trunk. I won't show the finished product for a couple of weeks but it's going to be pretty cool.

Name:	2720.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	16657 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2702.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	16658

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Update: Been riding with my setup for about a solid 2 weeks and my observations are as such;

1)It needs a better tune something terrible, I also think that having to tap back into my factory amp to retain voice functions and chimes has left me with some undesirable effects on my speakers and signal

2)The SI Carbons are POWERFUL...I've had to turn them back a few times because they are screaming. I love them though but man do they need to be tamed lol * Great job Nick *

3) I think that I'm doing my subwoofers an injustice....they have so much potential in them that I am either choking or not exploiting correctly. Even with that being the case, they are dominating my sound profile. I may have gone too far with this one...tuning will hopefully work on that and get it in line.

4) I should have gone IB. Goddammit I should have gone IB....I could still do it..and might in about 6 months which will allow me to retain all of my amplification and all I'll have to do is make the Sundown 2 ohm and have 2k+ on tap to possibly those Dayton Reference Series High Excursion 15s and just transition my 11s to home audio use. We'll see.

5) Rear decklid is in agony....thinking i'm going to tear it back out and lay down some mlv or lead sheet to try and calm it down some more. If I go through with option 4 then it will have to happen anyway. Maybe do the Ron Baker thing and just fucking cut the rear deck and do that IB.

6) Heard back from Singer about my alternator...he's working on it and I will hopefully have it in a few weeks to finally upgrade my electrical and solve that issue. If i can back the Sundown amp to 2 ohms then I may not have to spend an arm and a leg on the lithium battery i've been agonizing about.

In the end....so many mistakes were made and so many good things have happened as well. Just have to keep working on it. I'll have to post some more pictures of some things so you can see what's going on.