Thread: Helix Cap 33 Noise Supressor

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix Cap 33 Noise Supressor

My van has two big batteries as stock from the factory. One is the starter battery and the other is the accessory battery. I presume it has a fairly high output alternator to supply them. The amps, helix DSP and HU are all wired directly to the accessory battery + / -

When the lights and heated seats are on or the cooling fans kick in there's an awful alternator whine.

I'm thinking of getting a Helix 33 Cap which connects directly to the alternator + terminal and then down to the chassis earth.

Has anyone used one? Does it work? Or do you have any other suggestions?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Helix Cap 33 Noise Supressor

how well are the batteries grounded together?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Helix Cap 33 Noise Supressor

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    My van has two big batteries as stock from the factory. One is the starter battery and the other is the accessory battery. I presume it has a fairly high output alternator to supply them. The amps, helix DSP and HU are all wired directly to the accessory battery + / -

When the lights and heated seats are on or the cooling fans kick in there's an awful alternator whine.

I'm thinking of getting a Helix 33 Cap which connects directly to the alternator + terminal and then down to the chassis earth.

Has anyone used one? Does it work? Or do you have any other suggestions?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I had never heard of this particular product, until the other day when I saw a video where Dan Ungaro was doing an install in a Porsche Boxster at EAS.

Jay