Thread: Head unit install in 2020 Camry Hybrid

1. Back To Top    #1

Head unit install in 2020 Camry Hybrid

First off, I am new to the forum, and I am a novice, but enjoy quality sound from my ride.

I have had two different installers inform me that I am unable to replace my head unit in my Camry. I have researched and have found the Crutchfield carries a dash kit for my car (Metra), but the official Metra site does not list the part. I have been all over Google to find the answer to whether I will be able to replace the factory head unit. I have been unable to find any info or find anyone that has any experience in replacing the head unit in my car. I would really appreciate advice from someone who may have replaced the factory unit in a 2020 Camry Hybrid without the JBL system.

I really appreciate your time an effort.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Head unit install in 2020 Camry Hybrid

I really can't imagine why you would want to replace the head unit on a brand new car. I'm not a Toyota guy but I would imagine you would lose a lot of functionality by replacing it. Especially being a Hybrid.

What are your goals? Just a headunit swap? Why? if you want to add amps or DSP to un-EQ the JBL system, most people these days run factory Head Units with some sort of interface to send the signal down the chain to get rid of the factory tune.