Thread: Hello to all

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello to all

I was first introduced to car audio when I listened to my uncle's car stereo, which he had installed himself into his early '60s Plymouth Valiant. This was 1969 in Montreal.
    Since then I've been hooked to car audio. I'm not a DIY'er, so all my different systems have been installed at various shops in Calgary. My first was in a '86 Ford Tempo, installed at SoundsAround in Calgary, I think it was in 1989. It consisted of two 15" Alpine subwoofers in a ported box and powered by an Alpine 1000W amp and an Alpine source unit which played cassette tapes. Everything else was left as stock because I only cared about the bass back in my younger days. My future audio systems in various cars evolved gradually to become more and more sq as I aged and my taste in music changed.
    My latest system, to be installed soon, will be in a 2018 Mazda 3, and will be the most sq system that I've had so far. I decided to avoid all bling factors this time (unlike some of my previous installs) and concentrate my $$$ on high quality equipment, best placement of speakers and other equipment, precise tuning, plenty of sound dampening, and having it installed in a reputable shop.

Keith

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Hello to all

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Welcome to the club! It's nice to have another seasoned veteran around (old guy like me )

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome to the fray!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!!!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.