Thread: Helix dsp.3 and ultra

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix dsp.3 and ultra

I have been reading and following many threads and learning tuning on helix dsp.
    My system needed only 8 ch, frontal stage only.
    Reading and studying the specs of dsp .3 and ultra, it seems to me the internal electronics are different.
    ‘I understand the ultra has more processing power in number of channels, coax input of up to 192khz. The THD is also lower in ultra. Etc etc.

Anyone here kind enough to explain or elaborate what other major differences I can find in these 2 dsp?
    For example, especially in the PEQ section in tuning, how it fair in the software btw the 2?

I read somewhere that the ultra is more flexible in terms of individual driver EQ, then to perform another overall EQ. Although both DSP use the same software for tuning.

TIA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Helix dsp.3 and ultra

The dsp ultra does everything the dsp.3 does, the eq is the exact same channels, parametric etc

the ultra has better sq, lower distortion, coax input at a higher sample rate, plus virtual channels so you can route various channels through a virtual channel and eq all the channels via the virtual channels and apply effects to all channels at the same time

i have both and currently use the dsp.3 in my system for budget reasons in competition, the dsp ultra is a more powerful processor, and will be back in my car when budget reasons don’t prevent its use

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you!
    This is good info.

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    The dsp ultra does everything the dsp.3 does, the eq is the exact same channels, parametric etc

the ultra has better sq, lower distortion, coax input at a higher sample rate, plus virtual channels so you can route various channels through a virtual channel and eq all the channels via the virtual channels and apply effects to all channels at the same time

i have both and currently use the dsp.3 in my system for budget reasons in competition, the dsp ultra is a more powerful processor, and will be back in my car when budget reasons don’t prevent its use

4. Back To Top    #4

What about the ultra vs the pro mark 2 ?
    Bigger or smaller delta in performance ?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    What about the ultra vs the pro mark 2 ?
    Bigger or smaller delta in performance ?
    For me the dsp.3 is superior in everything except output channels vs the dsp pro 2