Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

1. Back To Top    #171

Re: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

Whenever I see exposed plywood like this, I think of Ikea. It's probably the reason I don't ever see myself doing a box like that. All the wood areas will be carpeted like the floating panels...

I love how the grill looks like it's coming out of the carpeted panels like they are one piece! I made sure the notches were really tight for that reason.

The silver bolts will either be painted black or carpeted over...

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #172

Re: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post

I really like how this design looks in wood.

I know it will look great in carpet too.

3. Back To Top    #173

I just noticed the hearts - hella cool! Details everywhere.

4. Back To Top    #174

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I just noticed the hearts - hella cool! Details everywhere.
    Girls love hearts (I guess)! A few guys pulled back when I got to the hearts!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #175

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I really like how this design looks in wood.

I know it will look great in carpet too.
    I wouldn't mind it painted satin black, but I am not willing to put in the work smoothing and body working it to be paint ready...
    Plus, carpet wears much better in a trunk.

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #176
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I think a clear natural wood finish would look killer for that box.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

7. Back To Top    #177

Carpet done. I have to say that this is the happiest I have been with any of my carpeting jobs so far. Just need to trim some of the fuzzies, which I use hair clippers for, btw. Lol

I still don't understand why it looks purple in the pictures...

Last edited by DavidRam; 11-11-2020 at 09:17 PM.

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #178

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Me too.

9. Back To Top    #179

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Me too.
    Well, I past the point of no return with the carpet... Lol

If I was building something for home, I would consider a wood finish, but I have never liked wood in a car.

Maybe it's because of this:

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #180

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post

I still don't understand why it looks purple in the pictures...

It's your white balance on your camera... It is adjusting and adding blue, hence the purple look. You probably have it set to auto, but based on the shot... there is not real "white" in the photo, so this can confuse some camera's WB sensor. Especially in shady or dim conditions without some warmer light coming in.

Easiest thing would be to choose a white balance setting that matches your lighting. However because the light you are taking a picture of is pink, you really have to switch to manual control of your WB. Generally speaking, setting white balance manually means taking a photo of something white or mid-gray in the same light which is illuminating your intended subject. Next, you select your camera’s Custom White Balance mode, and tell the camera to use the photo you just took of the white or mid-gray content as a reference.