Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

1. Back To Top    #71

Re: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Grinder, BL at 18.9 is wired in series and BL at 9.39 is wired in parallel, so that’s not it either. It makes no difference whether I model it in series or parallel.
    I wasn't sure, but suspected as much, as your Re numbers reflected the same.

2. Back To Top    #72

Re: Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

FWIW, here are two online Qtc calculators, both come up with 0.838 ft^3 for a .707 Qtc.

http://www.mh-audio.nl/Calculators/CBCQ.html

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad2.htm

FWIW (confidence?), here is an RSS265HO-44 + 1.0 ft^3 cabinet bundle from PE:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...kage--300-7021

3. Back To Top    #73

And we begin... All the pieces cut to perfection.

Mock up

I told you guys it would be girly!

If these images are too disturbing, let me know and I will take them down!!!

Even the bracing is girly...

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #74

Awwwwww...

The heart of the system! LOL Tell me there's gonna be a Plexiglass window!

That looks really nice! Can't wait to see how this all comes together.

5. Back To Top    #75

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Awwwwww...

The heart of the system! LOL Tell me there's gonna be a Plexiglass window!

That looks really nice! Can't wait to see how this all comes together.
    Lol. Thanks! I thought about it, but no plexglass on this one.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #76

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Lol. Thanks! I thought about it, but no plexglass on this one.
    Well, you've put a lot of heart in it, and it's the thought that counts!

7. Back To Top    #77

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Well, you've put a lot of heart in it, and it's the thought that counts!

Yep, the only thing left to put in it is my soul! I just don't know what that looks like or I would make a cutout of it! Lol

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #78

Yep, the only thing left to put in it is my soul! I just don't know what that looks like or I would make a cutout of it! Lol
    That's easy, just bleed on it a little before you are done... I've been carelessly putting my soul into everything I touch lately.

9. Back To Top    #79

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post
    That's easy, just bleed on it a little before you are done... I've been carelessly putting my soul into everything I touch lately.
    I'm with you on that... I fully expect to lose a finger to this hobby sooner or later. I'm kinda careless, too.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #80

I'm with you on that... I fully expect to lose a finger to this hobby sooner or later. I'm kinda careless, too.
    It's funny you say that... I could not for the life of me fall back asleep the other night after I awoke because I dreamed I ran my thumb into the router, I could almost feel the pain when I woke up... then I just kept replaying it as I was falling asleep.

I've had a couple close calls, couple finger tips that don't really have feeling anymore... But I can't just blame this hobby or woodworking in general, I try to be safe, but lets be honest, life isn't about nerfing the world