Thread: Kenwood Excelon DMX1057XR 10.1-inch Headunit Sound Quality Testing, Highlights and Ta

1. Back To Top    #1

Kenwood Excelon DMX1057XR 10.1-inch Headunit Sound Quality Testing, Highlights and Ta

Here’s a sound quality oriented review of the new Kenwood DMX1057XR.

Amazon Affiliate link if you want to purchase this and help my efforts with a (very) small commission:
    https://amzn.to/34RVtHo

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Eric

Re: Kenwood Excelon DMX1057XR 10.1-inch Headunit Sound Quality Testing, Highlights an

Yo man, where did you get the cool o'scope? Oh, wait... I was there when you walked off with it... nevermind

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Re: Kenwood Excelon DMX1057XR 10.1-inch Headunit Sound Quality Testing, Highlights an

Thank you for a review that dived into the technical side of things, it helped me decide to go for one of these (well at least the euro-spec version we get over here).

Have you gotten around to installing it in your car yet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210131_165259.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	15172

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd be so interested in the Kenwood vs the Stinger Heigh10 unit. Which one is cleaner with more Volts? Does the Heigh10 having optical out trump the processing of the Kenwood out through RCA? Built in amplification comparison? Just a thought....

5. Back To Top    #5

dual ports challenge solved by wireless carplay+usb drive?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Possibly, but wireless screen mirroring doesn't work flawlessly at least, a bit laggy/choppy at times. I will try a wired connection later to see if it's different/better.