Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    I don't get with the names and all that but I think a more accurate description is conservatives aren't scared but willing to speak up for our rights as laid out in the constitution and bill or rights and the desire from the left to take them away
    Unless we're talking about the Patriot Act and then it was Conservatives infringing on Constitutional rights.

2. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Unless we're talking about the Patriot Act and then it was Neoconservatives infringing on Constitutional rights.
    FIFY

3. Back To Top    #33
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

The Donald was traditionally anti-gun and changed his stance when he decided to get into politics. I don't trust him, he has always been for expediency, whatever he needs that works. He has spoken out in favor of guns and in opposition of specific guns at different times. Either way, the point is, he is at least paying lip service to protecting the 2nd Amendment, whereas Uncle Cracker Joe and the left are blatantly speaking out against gun ownership in general and gun owners.

They're politicians - The Donald has been a politician for years, and he has played both ends of the spectrum for years. Not until he decided to throw his hat into the ring did he 'become' a conservative, and he's donated money and curried favor from every politician on The Hill for decades. He admits that freely.

Again, it's the lesser of evils, but still an evil. All we can do is what we can do, and I'll tell you Hillary gave me the heebie-jeebies, I honestly believe that woman is evil. Like, she is really, truly evil. Idiots like Biden - ugh. 47 years in the swamp and he wants us to believe he's suddenly the one to change ANYTHING???? WHAT. THE. HELL. EVER.

Eff 'em all, I say. Honestly, I think the downhill slide has begun and all we are going to do is speed it up or slow it down - there's not going to be any great revival/awakening that turns the course of our country around. History repeats itself, and America is well on the way.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    FIFY
    You did? The 213 Republicans (and 144 Democrats) that voted "Yes" were all Neoconservatives?

5. Back To Top    #35

The 213 Republicans .... that voted "Yes" were all Neoconservatives?
    Yes. That would appear to be self-evident.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Yes. That would appear to be self-evident.
    Well, some of them are still in office. Did you support the Patriot Act? Nevermind, it doesn't matter. The point being that both major political parties are willing to use the Constitution as toilet paper when it suits them.

7. Back To Top    #37

Well, some of them are still in office. Did you support the Patriot Act?
    I'd argue there's not a single conservative in office - nothing but lying politicians. No, I absolutely did/do not support the so called Patriot Act.

8. Back To Top    #38

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    ... Someone once said anyone who WANTS to run for president of the United States is automatically not qualified. .....

I've said as much on a number of occasions.

9. Back To Top    #39

Well, some of them are still in office. Did you support the Patriot Act? Nevermind, it doesn't matter. The point being that both major political parties are willing to use the Constitution as toilet paper when it suits them.
    Sad, but undeniably true.

10. Back To Top    #40

While I particularly feel for parents right now, and I can’t imagine how I'd feel if I had children of my own, the fact is none of us knows what will happen, and things might turn out far better than we think.

One thing is for sure, the corporate mainstream media and the powers that be are playing on our emotions. They feed on our anger, fear, apathy… and they utterly depend on our division.

Now, more than ever, we all depend on each other to remain calm, cool and collected.

Small acts of empathy and kindness go a very long way.