Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

1. Back To Top    #201

Re: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    Taxation. Carbon credits. You can use as much as you want, as long as you pay a tax to a government that will piss it away on complete and utter bullshit that does absolutely nothing to fix any problem related to the issue.
    No, you pay that tax to Al Gore and his friends and family.

2. Back To Top    #202

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Lol, never thought that word would get under anyone's skin. Perhaps you can suggest something less offensive.

I did take a little liberty with that though where a better term might be anthropogenic. It was in geological context. In a discussion of geomorphology it would mean lasting impacts from human activity...something like a strip mine. To expand context, the Anthropocene is a proposed epoch that would begin where human influence left lasting impressions on the planet. These features are what I meant by anthropomorphic (where I really should have said anthropogenic).

Look on the bright side - you learned a new word or 2.
    Haha! I'm telling you, YOU and Sam Spade would get along brilliantly!!! Check him out on diyma, and you will see what I mean...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #203

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    Just some simple questions for you. What caused the end of the last ice age? What caused the end of the ice age before that? Why is there geological evidence that it has been warmer in the past? Why is there geological evidence that sea levels were higher in the past?
    Humans DON'T control Earth's climate.
    Are you saying that ALL of the climate change in Earth's past happened slower than it's changing now? Seems unlikely, given that some of the major changes in the past were caused/helped by massive volcanic eruptions and cataclysmic meteor impacts.
    People like Rob are so obsessive in their ideology they try to come up with lame excuses ignoring the facts and science that we know to be true. Kinda like when my sister says the US isn't the greatest country in the world. "we're only 12 in overall education and 10 in infant deaths" or whatever bullshit she says that day.

4. Back To Top    #204

Just some simple questions for you. What caused the end of the last ice age? What caused the end of the ice age before that? Why is there geological evidence that it has been warmer in the past? Why is there geological evidence that sea levels were higher in the past?
    Humans DON'T control Earth's climate.
    Again there are natural cycles that occur. The planet cools, the planet warms. Read up on Milankovich cycles.

And no, we don't control it. But the majority of evidence suggests that we are having an impact.

Are you saying that ALL of the climate change in Earth's past happened slower than it's changing now? Seems unlikely, given that some of the major changes in the past were caused/helped by massive volcanic eruptions and cataclysmic meteor impacts.
    In the absence of certain large events (like as you say volcanic eruptions or bolide strikes), yeah.

5. Back To Top    #205

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Haha! I'm telling you, YOU and Sam Spade would get along brilliantly!!! Check him out on diyma, and you will see what I mean...
    Ah, so you weren't talking about this Sam Spade

6. Back To Top    #206

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    People like Rob are so obsessive in their ideology they try to come up with lame excuses ignoring the facts and science that we know to be true. Kinda like when my sister says the US isn't the greatest country in the world. "we're only 12 in overall education and 10 in infant deaths" or whatever bullshit she says that day.
    Again you fail even basic comprehension. I'm the only one here defending the science.

Do you realize you say the same shit over and over again?

7. Back To Top    #207

Again you fail even basic comprehension. I'm the only one here defending the science.

Here's how your version of "science" works:

In a criminal case, two sets of forensic scientists testify after examining the same pieces of evidence, one testifies for the prosecution and the other testifies for the defense. They are both experts in the same field, but they don't agree at all. One expert's conclusion supports one side and the other expert's conclusion supports the other side.

Exactly this scenario is what is going on with climate change, Covid and a bunch of other issues.

If you don't see and understand this, then, I'm sorry, but your are totally blind and clueless.
    Last edited by DavidRam; 10-18-2020 at 09:33 PM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #208

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Here's how your version of "science" works:

In a criminal case, two sets of forensic scientists testify after examining the same pieces evidence, one testifies for the prosecution and the other testifies for the defense. They are both experts in the same field, but they don't agree at all. One expert's conclusion supports one side and the other expert's conclusion supports the other side.

Exactly this scenario is what is going on with climate change, Covid and a bunch of other issues.

If you don't see and understand this, then, I'm sorry, but your are totally blind and clueless.
    Exactly right. They are totally blind and clueless to the facts that they don't support.

9. Back To Top    #209

You are picking and choosing your science and not the overall scientific facts. There is lots of science to refute what you say. And lots of scientist also. Honestly, I'm so over climate change like I am covid. It's not even worth debating anymore.

10. Back To Top    #210
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

All I can say is...follow the money