Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

1. Back To Top    #121

Re: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

I can say whatever I want for free

But I gotta pay money to pack heat?

2. Back To Top    #122

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post

Well it depends on where you're saying it. You just paid to say that. There are no fees to buy or have a gun where I live. I even got my CWP free since I'm a veteran and didn't have to shoot (qualify).

3. Back To Top    #123
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    How do you pay this fee and where? Like a tax?
    Last time I renewed was in 2012 and I think I filled out a renewal application and mailed payment to the IL State Police. They call it a processing fee. I just complain because I have a voter card that I had to get, but there's no fee for it.

That could be a nice Supreme Court case.
    I blame the voters for allowing it. Elect the correct representation and stuff like this goes away.

One note about how it works here. Let's say you're dating a woman and you have a bad break-up. If she goes to the local shelter for battered women and files a complaint against you, the shelter will help her get an order of protection from the court. After the order is issued, the police will be at your house to search and confiscate any firearms on the premises or registered to you and your FOID card will be suspended. After the court examines the case (usually 30ish days), if the court finds zero evidence to support the claim you get your stuff back, if they find evidence to support the claim your FOID card is revoked and you lose your right.

Another note. If you have a CCL and some kids throw a rock at your car while you're driving and you turn around and flash a gun, your CCL will be revoked indefinitely and your FOID card will be revoked a minimum of 5 years.

Not speaking from experience in either, just people I know. The first note can also be achieved by threatening a high school softball coach and principal during your daughter's game. Again, I didn't do such, but I know a guy.

4. Back To Top    #124
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post

At least where I live.

5. Back To Top    #125

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Last time I renewed was in 2012 and I think I filled out a renewal application and mailed payment to the IL State Police. They call it a processing fee. I just complain because I have a voter card that I had to get, but there's no fee for it.

I blame the voters for allowing it. Elect the correct representation and stuff like this goes away.

One note about how it works here. Let's say you're dating a woman and you have a bad break-up. If she goes to the local shelter for battered women and files a complaint against you, the shelter will help her get an order of protection from the court. After the order is issued, the police will be at your house to search and confiscate any firearms on the premises or registered to you and your FOID card will be suspended. After the court examines the case (usually 30ish days), if the court finds zero evidence to support the claim you get your stuff back, if they find evidence to support the claim your FOID card is revoked and you lose your right.

Another note. If you have a CCL and some kids throw a rock at your car while you're driving and you turn around and flash a gun, your CCL will be revoked indefinitely and your FOID card will be revoked a minimum of 5 years.

Not speaking from experience in either, just people I know. The first note can also be achieved by threatening a high school softball coach and principal during your daughter's game. Again, I didn't do such, but I know a guy.
    What if you tell them you no longer have any guns? Or you gave them to your brother that lives in another state? I have lived in the south my whole life other than when I was stationed overseas or alaska. Mainly because why live in the cold if you don't have to but also because we have always heard these kind of horror stories about these progressively run states. I really don't understand why people up north put up with that kind of nonsense year after year, decade after decade. Why do they keep voting for these morons?

6. Back To Top    #126
    Vehicle

What if you tell them you no longer have any guns? Or you gave them to your brother that lives in another state?
    Here's the short version that's on the back of the card:

(430 ILCS 65/3) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-3)
    Sec. 3. (a) Except as provided in Section 3a, no person may knowingly transfer, or cause to be transferred, any firearm, firearm ammunition, stun gun, or taser to any person within this State unless the transferee with whom he deals displays either: (1) a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card which has previously been issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of this Act; or (2) a currently valid license to carry a concealed firearm which has previously been issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. In addition, all firearm, stun gun, and taser transfers by federally licensed firearm dealers are subject to Section 3.1.

(b) Any person within this State who transfers or causes to be transferred any firearm, stun gun, or taser shall keep a record of such transfer for a period of 10 years from the date of transfer. Such record shall contain the date of the transfer; the description, serial number or other information identifying the firearm, stun gun, or taser if no serial number is available; and, if the transfer was completed within this State, the transferee's Firearm Owner's Identification Card number and any approval number or documentation provided by the Department of State Police pursuant to subsection (a-10) of this Section; if the transfer was not completed within this State, the record shall contain the name and address of the transferee. On or after January 1, 2006, the record shall contain the date of application for transfer of the firearm. On demand of a peace officer such transferor shall produce for inspection such record of transfer. If the transfer or sale took place at a gun show, the record shall include the unique identification number. Failure to record the unique identification number or approval number is a petty offense. For transfers of a firearm, stun gun, or taser made on or after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 100th General Assembly, failure by the private seller to maintain the transfer records in accordance with this Section is a Class A misdemeanor for the first offense and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense. A transferee shall not be criminally liable under this Section provided that he or she provides the Department of State Police with the transfer records in accordance with procedures established by the Department. The Department shall establish, by rule, a standard form on its website.

Here's the full law: https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...7&ChapterID=39

7. Back To Top    #127
    Vehicle

Why do they keep voting for these morons?
    No idea, but that's why I blame the voters more than the politicians.

8. Back To Top    #128

Honestly man I've heard Chicago is a great place to visit but I wouldn't live there if they gave me a house.

9. Back To Top    #129

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    No idea, but that's why I blame the voters more than the politicians.
    Well, voters elected Maxine Waters, she may be the dumbest politician ever, imagine how dumb you'd have to be to vote for someone like that.

10. Back To Top    #130

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    It's hilarious that I have conservatives arguing in favor of gun control for no other reason than to disagree with me.
    Don't flatter yourself. They're actually in favor of this shit.