Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

1. Back To Top    #111

Re: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    It actually doesn't mention anything specific at all, on purpose. Ambiguity allows for application in different places and times and ensures long term validity.
    Whether or not the liberals believe it, conservatives actually support some common sense gun regulations/laws.
    Yeah, we're fine with banning bump stocks. They want to ban the whole gun.

2. Back To Top    #112

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    Read the 2nd amendment and tell me where it says we should be able to have whatever kind of weapon we want.
    quoted for future reference

3. Back To Top    #113

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    quoted for future reference
    why wait for the future.

4. Back To Top    #114

why wait for the future?
    best question evar

5. Back To Top    #115
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

The 2nd Amendment doesn't necessarily apply to gun accessories (bump stock, high cap magazines, silencers, etc.). The reason there are Conservatives that try to use it for such is because they are afraid that once Liberals get the ball rolling, where will it stop? They're afraid that once you let bump stocks get banned, then next they'll go after magazines over 10, then semi-auto pistols, then semi-auto rifles, and so on. It may not be a direct fight, but sometimes thinking like that is needed to prevent us from just being stuck with the choice between a musket or single shot rifle. I live in IL. I have to pay a fee to own a firearm (which I think is unconstitutional because it's the only right I can think of that I actually have to pay a monetary amount for).

6. Back To Top    #116

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    The 2nd Amendment doesn't necessarily apply to gun accessories (bump stock, high cap magazines, silencers, etc.). The reason there are Conservatives that try to use it for such is because they are afraid that once Liberals get the ball rolling, where will it stop? They're afraid that once you let bump stocks get banned, then next they'll go after magazines over 10, then semi-auto pistols, then semi-auto rifles, and so on. It may not be a direct fight, but sometimes thinking like that is needed to prevent us from just being stuck with the choice between a musket or single shot rifle. I live in IL. I have to pay a fee to own a firearm (which I think is unconstitutional because it's the only right I can think of that I actually have to pay a monetary amount for).
    What, what kind of fee? yearly or one time?

7. Back To Top    #117

I assume this fee is not a concealed carry permit fee, because that is reasonable. More details please. That could be a nice Supreme Court case.

8. Back To Top    #118
    Vehicle

What, what kind of fee? yearly or one time?
    I don't remember if it was $7 or $10 (I know it's not much, it's the principle) and it's good for 10 years I believe. There were talks of changing the fee and the duration, but I'm not sure if any of it was passed.

9. Back To Top    #119
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    I assume this fee is not a concealed carry permit fee, because that is reasonable. More details please. That could be a nice Supreme Court case.
    It's not a CCL. That's a separate fee and card. I believe the CCL is $150 for 5 years.

10. Back To Top    #120

I don't remember if it was $7 or $10 (I know it's not much, it's the principle) and it's good for 10 years I believe. There were talks of changing the fee and the duration, but I'm not sure if any of it was passed.
    How do you pay this fee and where? Like a tax?