Thread: 2018 Mustang GT - Let the treatment begin with ResoNix

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

2018 Mustang GT - Let the treatment begin with ResoNix

Picked up my first item for my build back during last year's Black Friday Sales, won't get into all the reasons, but I have finally started doing actual work on the car.

Started with the decklid:

1. Lots of compound curves on the Mustangs deck lid and virtually no access to the outer skin
    2. When I ordered my CLD, I did it based on 25 to 50% coverage depending on the location
    3. Well it didn't take long and I was doing 100% coverage on the decklid despite the fact it may not need it - the mild case of OCD kicked in and I am going to need a bigger boat, wait that's another box (the 30 count one not 5)
    4. It isn't pretty but its as functional as its going to get
    5. I also forgot to take the final picture though this one is 98% done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201003_185940.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	14098

Name:	Decklid_98_done.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	14095

Next was the wheel well:
    1. Would have been easier to start here and learn how really sticky this is and how to handle it before starting the decklid
    2. This wheel well is a tin can, no way anything less then 100% bottom coverage works here
    3. Haven't decide how much of the sides to do - the pre-made Amp rack I bought is tight to the wheel well and I wanted some CCF in there. Will have to rethink it
    4. The painter's tape shows where the legs of the amp rack lands, the amp rack stand-offs are in the wrong spot causing a variance of 3/8" across 25" inches so left to right the amp rack will go uphill, not happy about it, but bigger fish to fry out there...

Name:	20201006_143035.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	14096

Name:	20201006_102113.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	14097
    Finally get to update this, procurement & install planning phase has had some execution happen, procurement is for minor items now. Have Morel MT350 Tweeters & Hybrid MW6 Woofers, AudioControl DM-6.1200 & just added LC.1-800, KnuKoncepts Wiring and distribution, Audiofrog GS12D2 refurb, starting with inexpensive subwoofer enclosure to get everything up and running and let funds replenish some...Funds have replenished and now I am questioning my early DSP/Amp approach decision...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Eric

Re: 2018 Mustang GT - Let the treatment begin with ResoNix

I can recommend the zenclosures sub boxes for the Mustang... the one I bought for my '16 GT fit like a glove and was well built. I'd suggest the version where the sub faces the trunk rather that the back seats.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

Thanks Mumbles, do you still have your Mustang or is just the Audi now?

Please refresh my memory, did you do rear fill in your GT?

I have been talking to Zenclosures trying to understand how much room I would have on either side of a single rear firing sub if I had 1 cu ft airspace for the sub. I was toying around with idea of mounting rear fill towards the outside of the Zenclosure firing forward so I can leave the rear deck open to help the bass come in from the trunk. The enclosure would need be customized a little bit so I can put the seat back up, if needed, but the idea would be to keep them down. I very rarely have anyone in the back seat.
    Finally get to update this, procurement & install planning phase has had some execution happen, procurement is for minor items now. Have Morel MT350 Tweeters & Hybrid MW6 Woofers, AudioControl DM-6.1200 & just added LC.1-800, KnuKoncepts Wiring and distribution, Audiofrog GS12D2 refurb, starting with inexpensive subwoofer enclosure to get everything up and running and let funds replenish some...Funds have replenished and now I am questioning my early DSP/Amp approach decision...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Eric

The zenclosures box left plenty of room for either deck mounted rear-fill or leaving the rear speakers out. I did not do rear fill in the GT, but I have it in my Audi and am using the stock rear speakers... you don't need anything extravagant since rear-fill is very low volume and doesn't take much power.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

If only the Zenclosures were shipped to Europe <sigh>....
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, that would be wonderful!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Nick

God dang dude, talk about perfect lines

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk