Thread: Safe Crossover Frequency

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

Re: Safe Crossover Frequency

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Looks like the first picture is recommending the filters to use if you have an active dsp,
    and looks like the last picture is what the factory passive crossovers acoustic crossover is (not the electrical crossover performance)
    and looks like the chart with the MT40 tweeter is a warning about 1,600hz being the absolute limit and a warning about power handling or distortion.

But yeah, I'm with you. Ask the manufacturer because this is a little tricky to read!
    Nice...agreed. Forgot to add that bit about asking the manufacturer being a great idea.

Just for a giggle...mate your avatar took me a while to figure out...I really thought it was something much more 'naughty' than what it was LMAO

2. Back To Top    #12
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
    Just for a giggle...mate your avatar took me a while to figure out...I really thought it was something much more 'naughty' than what it was LMAO
    It's a voice coil in a wine glass, but I like your idea better already.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #13

Not sure why i didn't ask them in the first place, assumed they'd just tell me to put it at whatever the stock crossover was at i guess. They got back to me relatively quick with this response.

yes, we do not recommend to go below 1.600Hz (at least 12dB, better 24) but as such a low crossover point, you need to keep in mind that the power load of the tweeter also needs to be lowered. In case you like it quite loud, a higher highpass filter at around 2.500Hz would be more appropriate.