Thread: Rockford DSR1

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Rockford DSR1

Selling a used Rockford DSR1. Had this installed in my previous vehicle for about two years (I ran it solely DSP with an aftermarket head unit, not utilizing any vehicle-specific integration features through iDataLink), eventually shifted over to a Dayton DSP so I could tune with a laptop.

Unit functions fine, some things to be aware of:

- Many users report issues w/ Bluetooth connection for tuning. The only issue I had with this was that my car with push button start would cut accessory power after some time (~15 mins or so), and when turning the car back on it was sometimes a struggle to get connected again. I resorted to tuning with the engine running to prevent this (I don't recommend that, however). With the car on, I never had an issue with the connection - I controlled this with a Pixel 2 XL & an iPhone X during the period I had it running my system. After ditching this for the Dayton, I learned a trick to keep the car on acc longer without running the engine...if your car can stay powered continuously through the tuning session, you should have no problems.

- Can be a pain in the ass to flash with anything from iDataLink. I believe the unit is fully up to date to run as a standalone DSP, if you're looking to use it with the vehicle integration harnesses you'll need to flash it with the firmware for your vehicle. Using the including USB cable is important (and a pain, it's only a couple of inches long), and you'll likely have to try several times before the software recognizes the device & will flash the updates.

- The Rockford firmware upgrades are easy and painless, never had any issues with those recognizing the unit.

There's a few dings in the plastic casing (pictures below), nothing too major. Comes with both harnesses and the original USB cable. I guarantee the unit works, but be aware of the potential connection issues you may have, I'm not offering returns/refunds for anything connection related. I also recommend downloading the app on your phone and playing around with it extensively prior to purchasing. It's a fairly powerful unit for the price (quite a bit more powerful than the Dayton DSP, for example), but it's somewhat limited by the software quirks. Bear in mind that you can share & edit the "preset" files in a text editor by PC to get more granular with frequency selection, etc. on the EQ side of things which may make tuning a little easier.

Asking $100 shipped CONUS. Hit me with any questions you may have, happy to help in any way that I can.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Re: Rockford DSR1

Sold!