Thread: The Library of Alexandria is on Fire

1. Back To Top    #1

The Library of Alexandria is on Fire

Episode 384 – The Library of Alexandria is on Fire

We all know the story of the Library of Alexandria, the vast repository of ancient texts that was burnt to the ground by Caesar in 48 B.C. While the story itself isn’t accurate, it speaks to us today as we face the digital book burnings that are threatening the modern-day Library of Alexandria: the internet. ...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Library of Alexandria is on Fire

Corbett seems like a nutjob. Just another guy that talks for a living and doesn't actually do anything. He was fired for being so radical. He constantly strives for conspiracy theories in everything. Anyone who constantly questions the origins and evidence of 911 is crazy. There's a plethora of evidence that proves the truths. It's one thing to not believe the fake news but Corbett is on a whole other level.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    Corbett seems like a nutjob. Just another guy that talks for a living and doesn't actually do anything. He was fired for being so radical. He constantly strives for conspiracy theories in everything. Anyone who constantly questions the origins and evidence of 911 is crazy. There's a plethora of evidence that proves the truths. It's one thing to not believe the fake news but Corbett is on a whole other level.
    Feel better now?

4. Back To Top    #4

just sayin man. You can dispense the 911 conspiracists pretty quickly.

5. Back To Top    #5

just sayin man. You can dispense the 911 conspiracists pretty quickly.
    Classic ad hominem. Attack the person's character, sanity and/or motives rather than offer an argument against anything they've actually said or any of the documented evidence they've put forward.

...never mind that 911 is not even what the video is about. But then you'd know that already if you had actually bothered to watch the video.

6. Back To Top    #6

I did watch the video. I've seen several of his videos. I just cannot take anyone seriously that disputes most of the 911 evidence.

7. Back To Top    #7

I did watch the video. I've seen several of his videos. I just cannot take anyone seriously that disputes most of the 911 evidence.
    Fair enough. I used to find it similarly difficult to take seriously anyone who believes in God. While my views on God have not fundamentally changed, I simply find that in our increasingly postmodernist world, I tend to share most in common with those based in broadly Christian morals and ethics.
    Last edited by Grinder; 09-24-2020 at 10:09 PM.

8. Back To Top    #8

How to Save the Library – Questions For Corbett #069

We all know the Library of Alexandria is on fire, but how do we save it? In this follow-up question and answer session after his presentation to the Justice Rising conference, James Corbett tackles questions about regulating the social media giants, discusses decentralized platforms and talks about search alternatives.