Thread: Problem connecting factory system via Hi Level Mazda CX5 2016

1. Back To Top    #1

Problem connecting factory system via Hi Level Mazda CX5 2016

Hi

I recently decided to upgrade the system in my vehicle, Mazda CX5 model 2016 (none Bose system). Until now I had a Hertz Cento component + a 4-channel amplifier + sub. The original factory rear door speakers stayed and worked, and everything was connected via High Level via an Audison 4-Channel Line Output Converter.

The upgrade included construction of a new plate with the Helix DSP.3 processor + a 6-channel audio system amplifier + Xcelsus rear speakers. The connection was made through High level directly to the entrance in Helix, but we did not get any sound. We tried to connect through the Audison 4-Channel Line Output Converter and then from the Converter via RCA directly to the helix and still no sound. We did an experiment and connected RCA from the installer's system to Helix and everything works and there is sound, so we eliminated problems with the processor / amplifiers / speakers. So our problem is with the High level connection which for some reason does not transmit sound.

My installer claims that this is a problem with the vehicle, that the system probably detects that there is no speaker connection that creates resistance and therefore does not transmit the signal at all through the High level. In the previous installation the original rear speakers were connected so there was no problem connecting through the Output Converter so I had sound.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm not interested in replacing the head unit, and I'm interested in using the system through thehihe level connection. I would love to hear about solutions to my problem.
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Problem connecting factory system via Hi Level Mazda CX5 2016

Sounds like you need load resistors. https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...ty-items/lr475 ( I DO NOT know if that is the proper one for your application) Call or email Pac.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

[QUOTE=Meiriko;64
    My installer claims that this is a problem with the vehicle, that the system probably detects that there is no speaker connection that creates resistance and therefore does not transmit the signal at all through the High level.
    Thanks[/QUOTE]
    SublimeZ is likely right on the money...especially when you say you have changed the rear speakers to running off an amp so the head unit has changed overall function.

However there are two things that I would suggest MIGHT help...
    1. I'm not sure if you have tried dispensing with the LOC completely and just using the high level inputs on the Helix DSP...?
    2. Measure the AC voltage on the high level cables to absolutely make sure there is no signal coming through.

This is yet another reason (that I didn't know about until now!) why I always change out head units. Just IMHO...no offence intended! It just makes life a hell of a lot easier...

4. Back To Top    #4

My installer and I were able to resolve the issue. The problem arose because my installer left the connections of the original speakers and they caused some shortening. As soon as he cut their wires a sound was heard.
    But now I have a problem of hissing noise in the system that I can not overcome. When the dial of the sensitivity in the helix is on the half there is a terrible hissing noise (A green light comes on). When I lower the dial of the sensitivity down to the end, the noise of the hesitation disappears completely, But the sound sounds very weak.
    Is there anything else I'm missing here? Are there any settings in the helix software itself that I need to configure?
    Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you change the internal jumper in the dsp.3 for input voltage range?